Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

I love over and over - so wouldn't mind at all if that opened it! She's never going to be able to please the 1million people going to the concert - but I have no doubt at all that there will be something in it for EVERYONE! 

Me too, its fun and it fits.

Excited for Promise To Try if that comes true

20 minutes ago, fabio7 said:

Can’t believe this is my 1st post here 🫣😂

IMG_4041.jpeg

Now this is what I'm talking about.  A true spoiler.  THANK YOU!  Love that round platform stage, which I'm betting will be rotating around at some point.  And look at the disco ball!!  YES!!!  So exicting!!  Thank you for sharing!!  You provided some goods!! Thank you! :party:

6 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

HOLY SHIT!

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/madonnas-upcoming-tour-to-feature-about-45-songs-and-no-band-on-stage-for-the-first-time-in-her-career?utm_content=bufferb72eb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Madonna’s upcoming tour to feature "about 45 songs" and no band on stage for the first time in her career

12 October 2023, 00:01 | Written by Tyler Damara Kelly

Ahead of Madonna’s tour kicking off in the UK this weekend, Nick Grimshaw and Annie Mac get the inside scoop from BBC News correspondent Mark Savage who spoke to Madonna’s musical director Stuart Price about the forthcoming tour.

Earlier this year, in January, Madonna announced The Celebration Tour by sharing a five-minute announcement video that saw her playing truth or dare with famous faces including Jack Black, Lil Wayne, Diplo, Bob The Drag Queen, Kate Berlant, Larry Owens, Meg Stalter, Eric Andre, Amy Schumer and Judd Apatow, and nods to her 1991 film of the same name.

The Celebration Tour was set to see Madonna play 35 cities across North America, Europe and the UK to celebrate her 40-year career. Unfortunately, she had to reschedule the North American dates due to being hospitalised with a serious bacterial infection.

Madonna has kept tight-lipped about what concertgoers may expect, but BBC News correspondent has them covered.

“The great thing about Stuart Price is he knows this show inside out. He wasn’t going to give away all of the big secrets but he gave me an idea of the shape of the show. And the thing that really fascinated me is he said; ‘When you talk about greatest hits for Madonna, a greatest hit isn’t necessarily a song. It’s a look, it’s a video, it’s an award show performance, it’s a costume she wore.’ And so this is going to be a concert that takes all of that, all the Madonna music, and the social history that it intersects with...”

Speaking about the actual stage set-up, he added: “One interesting thing that Stuart said is there will not be a band on stage with her, I think for the first time in her career. And what they’ve done is they’ve gone back to the original multi-track recordings of all of these songs, 72 I think, top 40 hits in the UK, and they’ve deconstructed them. He said they’ve gone back to the original vocals where you can hear New York police sirens going past when she was recording Into The Groove in the 1980s. And they’re using all of that original and really evocative music as the backing track."

Last month, Madonna reflected on her banned Pepsi commercial, which celebrated the release of "Like a Prayer", saying: "34 years ago I made a commercial with Pepsi to celebrate the release of my song "Like a Prayer". The commercial was immediately canceled when I refused to change any scenes in the video where I was kissing a black saint or burning crosses," she wrote. "So began my illustrious career as an artist refusing to compromise my artistic integrity...Artists are here to disturb the peace."

Maybe even more 

I think she's tearing up the blueprint she wrote with Blond Ambition and going for something completely different. No band on stage? She's going for a 3 hour non stop mega mix woven together as an autobiography. 

Also, the trolling from her is next level "a greatest hit isn’t necessarily a song" :Madonna004:

1 minute ago, Bjonkers said:

I think she's tearing up the blueprint she wrote with Blond Ambition and going for something completely different. No band on stage? She's going for a 3 hour non stop mega mix told as a biopic!

But we've seen proof the shows tentative time is a little over two hours?  So being 45 songs, my guess there are going to be many mash ups, where some songs will not be performed in full.  I honestly don't have an issue with that, but i also feel like there are just some songs she can't turn into a medley or mash up. 

But yeah, she could be onto something here, where she's still able to perform a lot of the huge hits, but somehow take a number of them and pay homage to others by singing a few lines from some if not do a medley. 

This is exciting!!

Notice how these two latest articles which sources BBC that do call this a "Greatest Hits" tour.  But I get what Stuart is saying, as it will not only just include songs that were her greatest hits, but the iconic looks, visuals, and performances over the past 4 decades. Just wow!  This is truly exciting! :party:

I am a little concerned about the use of backing tracks, using old vocals?  I really do not like the idea of her miming to such tracks or singing over those backing vocals. If anything I hope with Stuart on board, they are able to balance her live vocals with the backing tracks, so it the backing doesn't overtake her live vocals.

Just now, Dazedmadonna said:

As I said before, expect the unexpected. :kiss2:

The stage looks great, can't wait to see it in full action, with backdrops, on-stage projections that will complete the story!

Okay, FINE, I'm back to being excited :kiss2:

4 minutes ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

Here's explained about the 45 songs!! So let's hype up for a show that everyone can enjoy!

This makes sense. My guess we're going to hear snippets of other songs like she's kinda done in the past.  Think about Express Yourself on MDNA when she performed a snippet of "She's Not Me" and "Born This Way".  Kinda like how she mashed up Vogue into Holy Water on Rebel Heart Tour.  Or numerous lines from other songs when singing Like A Virgin on RHT, etc.