Madonna - I’ll Remember - Live?

Stein316

11 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

I don´t think she thinks doing ballads live is a great idea, and I disagree: You´ll see or gone, crazy for you, Live to tell, OH Father, Rain, La vie en rose, drowned world...all peak moments of her live concerts.

I don't believe she thinks that since every tour usually includes several ballads.  Anyway, she's never really stated why she's never performed those songs other than what @GregVsMattposted.  Though, I always thought she probably felt they have too much of a finality to them, like it is her throwing the towel in.  Maybe a bit too depressing for a lot of her shows.

7 minutes ago, tscott said:

I don't believe she thinks that since every tour usually includes several ballads.  Anyway, she's never really stated why she's never performed those songs.  Though, I always thought she probably felt they have too much of a finality to them, like it is her throwing the towel in.  Maybe a bit too depressing for a lot of her shows.

Actually in that 2019 Billboard video she explains why she never performs those songs at her concerts LOL.

9 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Actually in that 2019 Billboard video she explains why she never performs those songs at her concerts LOL.

Yes, I'm aware of that, and I acknowledged GregVsMatts post when posting.  But she didn't really go in to detail in why she doesn't perform them.  That's what I meant!  :)

12 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

What a marvellous version, I really liked it, thank you! Madonna never gets the credit for composing such amazing pop music.

It’s actually sounds like something from Jagged Little Pill In this style. Could absolutely imagine Alanis singing it and the lyrics feel very Alanis too. Who would have thunk.

I think the main reason this song was never performed is because there was no tour for a long time after it was released. And it’s really just never fit anywhere since.

She did state in 1998 that she likes this song in the Molly Meldrum interview. There have been many songs she has acknowledged after years of never performing them eg, Take a Bow, Who’s That Girl, Borderline, True Blue…. So I think anything is possible.