Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

This news is just so out of the blue. It’s weird seeing these more human moments of vulnerability that make you see beyond the star. Fortunately, I saw Guy’s statement before the other one, so I didn’t worry too much. Of course, health is more important than any facet of her career. There’s really not much indication yet of how serious this is considering we don’t even fully know what kind of bacterial infection she got. I suppose we’ll have to wait for more detailed info. Knowing Madonna, this will light even more of a fire, but I hope she is also aware of her human limits and doesn’t push more than necessary. She’s a legend no matter what. 

10 minutes ago, Starchild said:

ICU? WTF! So scary. I wish her a full and speedy recovery, whatever the case may be.

I pray that my October LA show won't be rescheduled as I'll be in town from overseas for just a week. Eek.

Not to detract from the apparent seriousness of the matter, but does anyone else feel a touch sceptical about this?

A part of me hopes that this is just an insurance-related excuse due to some kind of production delay. It's not unheard of...

Or that they will use this as a crutch to thwart criticism about her low-energy dance moves during the tour?

Some of you are really too much, honestly.

Guys statement was put out to beat the Page Six article. If that article wasn’t coming Guy wouldn’t have said anything. 
She’d have wanted this kept secret as it’s not good sales pitch for the tour. That Madonna speaking not me. She’ll be annoyed by all this rather than ill. She’s tough as old boots 

Analyzing the text of the note, we noticed a really positive tone and a lot of hope. It implies that the expectation is of full recovery and that the tour will take place. But what worries me a lot is this period of time between hospitalization and the first news. It was 5 days of total secrecy. This shows that they are in full control of the information. We'll only know what the team wants us to know and when.

3 minutes ago, Dj Garrido said:

Analyzing the text of the note, we noticed a really positive tone and a lot of hope. It implies that the expectation is of full recovery and that the tour will take place. But what worries me a lot is this period of time between hospitalization and the first news. It was 5 days of total secrecy. This shows that they are in full control of the information. We'll only know what the team wants us to know and when.

They don’t owe people a full report on her health issues. Did you expect a call on Sunday and updates each day? You’re not her family, you know…

21 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Well, it depends on firstly how long it''ll take her to recover - that's the unknown - being discharged from hospital isn't always the end of it.  It could take weeks for her to get to a stage to actually start rehearsals again - and then it's a question of what modifications she might need to make.

Yeah, this is my thought.  And not to recycle what could be false info, but if she had a tube down her throat for any amount of time, that could really mess with someone vocal chords.  Let's hope that shit was made up, but if not, ugh, the thought of the repercussions.  And since Guy stated she was in ICU in serious condition, we have to assume this could take some time for recovery.  Like I mentioned, earlier, I'm sure she was in a crucial time of putting the final touches on the tour.  Final dress rehearsals, etc.  Just to make up that time alone could end up pushing the tour back a month or two, depending on her strength.  So many unknowns as you stated.  And I'm sure it's the same with Madonna and her team.  They may have no idea the time it will take for her to fully recover, but at the end of the day, they will have to start making decisions pretty quickly here.  My guess if they are unsure, they aren't going to take any chances in getting her back on stage as quick as possible. 

I'd say the quicker we hear from Madonna, herself, the better I will feel. 

7 minutes ago, Dj Garrido said:

a bacterial infection is not uncommon, even with hospitalization.. The only reason this was made public is that the start of the tour will have to be postponed. I'm sure M has been sick before, and we never knew about it because it didn't affect her work. Bacterial infections are serious because the body gets dehydrated, but once this is under control, they are not always dangerous and leave no permanent consequences. It was most likely an intestinal infection that caused diarrhea and dehydration, and she was rushed to the hospital for the IV drip.

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

They don’t owe people a full report on her health issues. Did you expect a call on Sunday and updates each day? You’re not her family, you know…

Insurance will demand to know before refunds go out and then it will leak to the press. There’s no way of hiding it. 

big ang vh1 GIF by RealityTVGIFs

I opened my phone to the Page Six headline and nearly jumped out the window, girls.

I hope she makes a full recovery and does whatever she needs to do for herself.

Also, the "MJ This Is It" comment is peanuts to what you are going to hear everywhere outside of this forum. Thats genuine fear and concern from a longtime fan. Get ready for a laundry list of awful stories from drug overdose to "publicity stunt" to botched surgery etc. until we see her in public again. They're coming. IIIII myself don't feel that way, so save the quotes.

6 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

Insurance will demand to know before refunds go out and then it will leak to the press. There’s no way of hiding it. 

Meanwhile, it's none of our business.  If the "details" eventually leak out, It makes no difference to what little info "officially" is being shared at this moment.  The public isn't owed a detailed medical report. 

5 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

The shows will be rescheduled and it won't be a huge deal. This sounds more serious than it is because it happened during the final rehearsals and the start of the tour needs to be postponed. If it happened when M is not working, we wouldn't even find out about it.

Seems so odd that a bacterial infection just suddenly hits her causing her to be hospitalized in the ICU on Saturday and the public only found out today.

I wonder if she had symptoms prior like a fever, trouble breathing, diarrhea, etc. and just blew it off. Wasn't she experiencing any symptoms during rehearsals while singing and dancing and sought the need of a checkup? Celebrities of her caliber don't have to wait to see a doctor, they can be seen immediately and prescribed anything.

Most bacterial infections in healthy people are treated with antibotics and don't require trips to the ICU. Usually only people who get severe infections requiring admission to the ICU are people in poor health or people with weakened immune systems.

I'm not implying like others have that this is for "insurance purposes due to production issues", I do believe there was a personal / medical incident and do believe she went to the ICU, I just think there is more to the story. Whatever it is, I hope she fully recovers and gets better.

3 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

Most bacterial infections in healthy people are treated with antibotics and don't require trips to the ICU. Usually only people who get severe infections requiring admission to the ICU are people in poor health or people with weakened immune systems.

I don't get your comment, did you NOT read from Guy's statement that she had a case of SERIOUS bacterial infection? And how would you know her state of health and whether she has weakened immune? By looking at her? Judging by her appearance?? Truth is, NONE of us are aware of all the daily going-ons in hers or any other public figure's lives.....do not assume things!

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic