125 years of Pepsi: Original M commercial officially upgraded to HD!

deathproof

From this article:

https://people.com/britney-spears-celebrates-remastered-joy-of-cola-ad-pepsi-exclusive-7965913?utm_term=64f9bc3bc3af050001f0e38a&utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_medium=social&utm_content=new&utm_source=twitter.com

….Alongside Spears' "Joy of Cola" ad, the soft drink company is releasing updated versions of other musical Pepsi spots, including Madonna’s “Like A Prayer” commercial from 1989 and Tina Turner’s “We Got The Taste” ad from 1986.

Oh wait I missed this important detail!

The 2023 VMAs — which will include the updated versions of Spears and Madonna's famous Pepsi ads — are airing Tuesday, Sept. 12 on MTV at 8 p.m. EST.

• deathproof changed the title to 125 years of Pepsi: Original M commercial officially upgraded to HD!
4 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

Lol I've been thinking about it: we need to find a way to differentiate the two “CT”. 🤔

Well, I've already abbreviated Celebration Tour as TCT, given I'd already referred to Confessions Tour as CT.

CT1 for Confessions Tour and CT2 for Celebration Tour could also work, don't you think so?

OT: I just wanna know how M now will reference the Pepsi imbroglio on her biopic given she was crystal clear about LAP playing a big part on it as being the only one song whose writing process would be documented on "Little Sparrow"... Followed by the Pepsi backlash/boycott...

20 minutes ago, GhostOrchid said:

I don't think they needed her permission, they paid for and own the clip. But are they now sponsoring the Celebration Tour?? :eyes: 

It all depends on the original contract. Usually they're limited for a certain use (TV, theaters, radio, etc.) and during a period of time (usually limited). YouTube didn't even exist in 1989, of course, so unless they used something like "available forever for every medium that will ever exist" (doubt it, being Madonna), they needed permission for this. Plus the song thing.

Notice they deleted the little girl footage, maybe they couldn't find the person now or didn't even wanted to contact her. But if they could use it as it was, the wouldn't have changed that.

I don't think they're sponsoring the tour, the last tour ad would be just what Madonna asked in return maybe.