Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Gosh the remix edit has that botched ending. I thought that was just a unique dodgy edit they used specifically for celebration. 

Wouldn't it be great to see the 7" remix version on future compilations?

Listening to the 7" remix on my walk in the park this morning, I was transported back to the summer of '89 when this was the version all over the radio. Like the LAP 7", the energy from it is just so much better than the album version, yet it's subtle, to the casual listener, they might not notice. The definitive version for me.

Edit: Also. What an an absolute anthem. She did that. Can't wait for her to open her greatest hits tour with it and a 20 piece band!!!

Edited by Bjonkers (see edit history)

On 5/6/2021 at 10:24 AM, New_Boy said:

Uh oh, track 01 has some diff compared to the Promo CD rip that I have. Anyone care to confirm? About to listen, that should probably manifest as clicks... Remix/Edit is identical to the Promo CD version.

I compared track 01 to the Promo CD rip I have (not a personal one, I got it from the forum haha) and they completely phased out each other...

I'm listening the remixes again and ugh they are so good! :heart:
It's so great to see her old catalogue being available in digital and streaming finally. It's the most accessible source nowadays. And she has so many hidden gems in some maxi singles, i'm so happy they are finally seeing the light. Keep them coming!!! :Madonna013:

7 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Also. What an an absolute anthem. She did that. Can't wait for her to open her greatest hits tour with it and a 20 piece band!!!

Sadly, that’s never going to happen. 

It’s equally sad and funny that Express Yourself is a much better feminist statement than any of her „look how badly patriarchy has treated me“-speeches. How I wish she’d rather let her music speak. 

I tried again with matching the lossless audio from Deezer and a rip from the "Madonna Remixology" thread. Again, the same diff. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your EP download, @lennyleonard?

~edit: I found a rip by @Vladimir Petkovicthat matches exactly with the Deezer one! So I guess the one in the Madonna Remixology thread is corrupt haha @Nick can we fix it?

4 hours ago, New_Boy said:

I tried again with matching the lossless audio from Deezer and a rip from the "Madonna Remixology" thread. Again, the same diff. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your EP download, @lennyleonard?

~edit: I found a rip by @Vladimir Petkovicthat matches exactly with the Deezer one! So I guess the one in the Madonna Remixology thread is corrupt haha @Nick can we fix it?

So does it mean track 1 is ok and has no clicks or do u still hear click ? I dont hear any ... 

5 hours ago, New_Boy said:

Don't mind you asking at all, dear ;)
I got mine losslessly from Deezer, as well - I use SMLoadr.

And by your own post, I could track down that my CD Promo Rip was the one posted by Vladimir Petkovic. Didn't know that the one on the Remixology thread was corrupt...

And I found it quite weird that some mixes don't match neither the ones on Remixed Prayers, or the CD Promo. Where did they get those tracks from? hahaha but at least, they are not very different in volume levels, just very slightly in speed (may have something to do with the tape transfer)... if I'm not mistaken this also happened to some tracks of the LAP EP...

My earlier files were cobbled together from God-knows-where, but yeah, now we're at the same page. I checked those three other files as well against the promo and "Remixed Prayers"...  This is also a potential source for files, not sure if anyone has it to share?
https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Express-Yourself/release/485882

On 5/6/2021 at 10:10 PM, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Can we put this list made by @MPowered on the first page of this topic?

JANUARY 

Material Girl - January 23, 1985

Keep It Together - January 30, 1990

FEBRUARY

Bad Girl - February 2, 1993

Don't Cry for Me Argentina - February 4, 1997

Borderline - February 15, 1984

Rescue Me - February 23, 1991

Frozen - February 23, 1998

La Isla Bonita - February 25, 1987

MARCH

Crazy for You - March 2, 1985

Nothing Really Matters - March 2, 1999

Like a Prayer - March 3, 1989

American Pie - March 3, 2000

Fever - March 6, 1993

One More Chance - March 7, 1996

Burning Up / Physical Attraction - March 9, 1983

I'll Remember - March 15, 1994

Another Suitcase in Another Hall - March 18, 1997

Love Don't Live Here Anymore - March 19, 1996

Live to Tell - March 26, 1986

Vogue - March 27, 1990

APRIL

American Life - April 8, 2003

Angel - April 10, 1985

What It Feels Like for a Girl - April 16, 2001

Spotlight - April 25, 1988

MAY

Ray of Light - May 6, 1998

Express Yourself - May 9, 1989

Beautiful Stranger - May 19, 1999

JUNE

Human Nature - June 6, 1995

Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986

Hanky Panky - June 12, 1990

This Used to Be My Playground - June 16, 1992

Who's That Girl - June 23, 1987

JULY

Hollywood - July 4, 2003

Into the Groove - July 15, 1985

Dress You Up - July 31, 1985 / December 12, 1985

AUGUST

Cherish - August 1, 1989

Rain - August 5, 1993

Lucky Star - August 8, 1984

Music - August 21, 2000

Drowned World / Substitute for Love - August 24, 1998

Causing a Commotion - August 25, 1987

SEPTEMBER

Holiday - September 7, 1983

True Blue - September 17, 1986

The Power of Goodbye - September 22, 1998

Secret - September 27, 1994

Erotica - September 29, 1992

OCTOBER

Gambler - October 3, 1985

Hung Up - October 17, 2005

Die Another Day - October 22, 2002

Oh Father - October 24, 1989

Everybody - October 26, 1982

Nothing Fails - October 26, 2003

You Must Love Me - October 27, 1996

You'll See - October 30, 1995

Like a Virgin - October 31, 1984

NOVEMBER

Justify My Love - November 6, 1990

Don't Tell Me - November 14, 2000

Bye Bye Baby - November 15, 1993

Deeper and Deeper - November 17, 1992

Open Your Heart - November 19, 1986

The Look of Love - November 25, 1987

DECEMBER

Dear Jessie - December 4, 1989

Take a Bow - December 6, 1994

Love Profusion - December 8, 2003

I featured this at the top for easy access. 

2 hours ago, brank000 said:

Sadly they haven't loaded anything for Madonna since Bedtime Story.

normal they did that... surely they want to release them as kind of "surprises" since they don't announce them and everytime they wanted to "surprise" us many days before everybody knew because of those lists

26 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

It just sounds the same to me? 

The production on the album version is very basic and dry: guitar, drums, bass and brass and not much use of reverb.

The 7'' Remix has a synth bassline and more importantly, strings, particularly on that "awnsering melody" after every verse that is not present on the album version.

22 hours ago, deathproof said:

What’s different, EVERYTHING!

Believe or not, I didn't like the album version, but months later I loved with passion the 7'' Remix the first time I heard it (and the video house remix). I don't understand how people don't realize the difference between the album version and the 7'' Remix. I think the same with Like A Prayer (7'' Version)

True Blue & Like A Prayer (albums) have the best 7'' remixes, because they sound like the album versions, but they are better versions.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW
  • Fighter changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Beautiful Stranger HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic