Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

15 minutes ago, Angelman60 said:

Isn't it sad we are in a time where we wish for tracks not being remastered? 

The original ycd cd with edits sounds better to me than fel remasters which are too loud but I know it's today's standards. 

It's nothing strange. It's the same with films and TV series. The collectors want "restored" films, but not "remastered" films. 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

I'm kinda shook we're getting the You Can Dance single edits. It's such an oddity in her discography. It's like....way down there in terms of her album discography even though I adore it. Like...It's at the bottom of the pile really in terms of significance huh? I really think we getting everything they have on digital. In four years time when the majority of the reissue campaign has completed its cycle there'll likely be scant few oddities that become streaming Holy Grail items. One of the biggest winners outside of Warner and Madonna, is Spotify. Once this lot is on Spotify Apple music will become completely redundant to me and I can't wait for the full switch. Now Janet, Mariah and Madonna are bringing their catalogue fully streamable Apple is defunct.

but Apple is lossless. 

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Wait, wait, wait.... I've never said they are sourced from Hi-Res material. I've said that the TIDAL Master files has real "music information" above the 20000 Hz, but I don't know if they are real information from the master tapes or the TIDAL algorithm "upscale" the 44100 Hz tracks (i'm talking when the master files are only available on TIDAL and not in QOBUZ).

My bad. Sorry about that. :ag:

4 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's nothing strange. It's the same with films and TV series. The collectors want "restored" films, but not "remastered" films. 

It does make sense because a remastered film may include changing the film scoring or the audio mix in general and changing a couple of elements of the video portion too.

4 hours ago, Roy said:

It does make sense because a remastered film may include changing the film scoring or the audio mix in general and changing a couple of elements of the video portion too.

Or adding a completely nonsensical extra scene with a Windows '95 version of Jabba The Hutt.

I think it's great that they're releasing stuff on digital that used to be promo only. Think of other things we might get. That theyre not sticking to commercial-only material.

I think they know that by releasing rare items, itll boost her numbers.

I say, keep it coming. No point in leaving that shit in the vaults when there's money to be made off of it.

36 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

I think it's great that they're releasing stuff on digital that used to be promo only. Think of other things we might get. That theyre not sticking to commercial-only material.

I think they know that by releasing rare items, itll boost her numbers.

I say, keep it coming. No point in leaving that shit in the vaults when there's money to be made off of it.

And something better, we are getting tracks never available from digital sources before. 

2 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Just give me YCD unmixed and open your heart remix edit in digital lossless and I will consider my collection complete - apart from the demos that no one has a clue if we are getting. I’m so pumped for warning signs and first is a kiss after brays comments 😘

Imagine Emily dropping in the "It's That Girl" compilation. XD

15 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Just give me YCD unmixed and open your heart remix edit in digital lossless and I will consider my collection complete - apart from the demos that no one has a clue if we are getting. I’m so pumped for warning signs and first is a kiss after brays comments 😘

I only need these tracks in digital lossless (no-Remastered) to consider my collection complete:

Lucky Star (Original Single Edit)

Borderline (It's That Girl Remix Edit)

Burning Up (Alternate Album Version)

Dress You Up (Remix Edit)

Open Your Heart (Remix Edit)

You Can Dance (Unmixed Version with all the Dubs).

14 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Bray's comments?

15 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

When was the Bray interview recorded, my concern after listening to it a few times was that he gave the impression no one has approached him regarding any of the demos he has :(

6 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

But...what about:

• Everybody - Remix w/ Intro (6:12)
  • Everybody - Dub Remix (5:53)
  • Everybody - Remix Edit (3:16)
  • Everybody - Remix Instrumental (4:38)
  • Lucky Star - Edit (3:52)
  • Physical Attraction - Fade (3:16)
  • Crazy for You - Edit/Fade (3:54)
  • Burning Up - Remix (4:47)
  • Gambler - Extended Dance Remix (5:31)
  • Borderline - Remix (3:56)
  • Dress You Up - Remix Edit (3:45)
  • Open Your Heart - Remix (3:59)
  • Causing a Commotion - Movie House Mix Edit (4:09)
  • Jimmy Jimmy - Fade (3:25)
  • Rescue Me - Lifeboat Dub (6:01)
  • Rescue Me - Houseboat Dub (5:24)
  • Rescue Me - Disaster Dub (3:21)
  • Fever / Goodbye to Innocence - Back To The Dub 1 (5:00)
  • Bye Bye Baby - Tallahassee Pop (3:50)
  • I'll Remember - Orbit Alternative Remix (4:32)
  • I'll Remember - Guerilla Groove Mix (6:04)
  • Sky Fits Heaven - Victor Calderone Future Mix (10:26)
  • Nothing Really Matters - Kruder & Dorfmeister In Dub (11:36)
  • Nothing Really Matters - Vikram Cybercut Remix (13:43)
  • Die Another Day - Brother Brown's Bond-Age Dub (7:19)
  • Die Another Day - Deepsky Dub (7:35)
  • Die Another Day - Richard Humpty Vission Radio Edit (3:29)
  • American Life - Peter Rauhofer's American Anthem Part 1 (UK) (10:40) 
  • American Life - Peter Rauhofer's American Anthem Part 2 (9:08) 
  • Hollywood - Oakenfold 7" Full Remix/Oakenfold-7" Full Edit (3:43)
  • Hollywood - Oakenfold Full Remix/Oakenfold 12" Full Remix (7:01) 
  • Hollywood - Oakenfold 12" Dub (7:01)
  • Nobody Knows Me - Mount Sims Old Skool Mix (4:46)
  • Love Profusion - Headcleanr Rock Mix (3:16)
  • Love Profusion - The Passengerz Dub Profusion (8:03)
  • Easy Ride - Tracy Young & Giangi Cappai Easy Remix [Unmixed]
  • Easy Ride - Tracy Young Mixshow Mix (6:05)
  • Hung Up - UK Radio Version (3:23)
  • Broken - Extended Version (6:59)
  • Broken - Instrumental (3:14)

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW