• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

#2 – You Must Love Me

mjNcCGF.png

- Average Rate : 9,13 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @mrmadonna, @MattyMads )

- Lowest Rate : 6 ( @gst6662000 )

#1 – You’ll See

PJgJHhP.jpg

- Average Rate : 9,59 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @HC Charge, @Enrico, @Andreo, @Nowheretohide, @patrice1711 )

- Lowest Rate : 6 ( @Danton )

Happy with you’ll see 

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Evita era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Thanks to the few ones that participated for this Results Show. Hopefully the next one will be busier like Bedtime Stories'. But I don't doubt it since Ray of Light is a fan favorite.

Here's a little something for you in preparation for the Ray of Light megarate which will start tomorrow! :)

Thank you for the results, unfortunately I couldn't be online this time, but I probably wouldn't have many comments, to be honest, since Evita songs don't hold any special place in my heart :)

... However still glad You'll See took no. 1 spot

See you in next megarate, where fun begins again (at least for me) ;-) 

2 hours ago, Jet said:

I’m interested to know if the people who don’t really care for Evita were Madonna fans when it came out or is it just a random part of her back catalogue if they’ve become fans after the 90’s because it literally took over my life and each song is a beautiful reminder of that time in my life. I guess if I wasn’t around then and just discovered it recently, I probably wouldn’t be that into it though 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was a fan then (fan since True Blue) but I had zero interest in Evita. I found that whole period a slog. The mellow Bedtime stories, Something to Remember, Evita.  Ray of Light was a breath of fresh air when it arrived! 

6 hours ago, Jet said:

I’m interested to know if the people who don’t really care for Evita were Madonna fans when it came out or is it just a random part of her back catalogue if they’ve become fans after the 90’s because it literally took over my life and each song is a beautiful reminder of that time in my life. I guess if I wasn’t around then and just discovered it recently, I probably wouldn’t be that into it though 🤷🏻‍♂️

I loved it at the time, Madonna had been pushing the narrative that only she could play Eva for years. It was said that the Take A Bow video was her pitch to ALW so it would've been a real kick in the teeth if she didn't land the part. For once, she got her wish and the critics pretty much sat in stunned silence when she delivered. 

It's interesting how Evita, one of her greatest achievements, gets so little attention from fans. The Madonna gay fans are more into dance floor than musical theatre apparently. I am from the second type!

To me almost every Evita song deserves a 10! Beautifully written with great lyrics by Tim Rice, beautifully orchestrated for the movie. The duets and interactions with Banderas are great. Rainbow high is probably the weakest one, lacking the energy and rage it needs.

Something to remember is such an elegant era, with incredible new songs (I think One more chance would have done better if it had a video) and a stunning look. I wish M did something like this again.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic