"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

13 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

The fact that this crap has gone viral on tiktok just shows what bad taste tweens have in music - still M will pander to them as she values their input more than real fans who’ve followed her for decades 🥹

what’s next -is someone on tiktok gonna blow up holy water 🤮

Holy water is better than Back that up

17 minutes ago, milingo83 said:

A member of ukmix.org forum post this today:

"Back that up is coming to streaming platforms january 13th 2023, unsure if its the demo or the final version but thats the official release date !" 

too late...they have to put it out now, not in a month :sad: What Team is that.  Even a Turtle reacts faster!

In a month from now... wow.

It’s gonna work anyway, cause “Frozen” Sickick did and it arrived months later too. But it was different, with another artist and they didn’t even know who was behind the remix at first.

But this time I don’t understand the logic. It’s trending now, it’s an old demo, only her... I don’t get it why so late. Just get it out, ride the wave and get that Xmas streaming money, woman!

I think she’s doing a video too. That would explain the ‘secret’ pics with drums and tagging the model etc.

Also makes sense for all the shitty Christmas music to die by then.

These things are planned in advance and Warner even said that ‘Gambler’ was the final release this year…

I don't get the hostility to it?  Why can't we just be happy, another one of her songs is getting recognized?  I will admit that it's hardly my favorite song, but I get it.  What's going viral is very catchy.  I have to agree with @Frank, I hope it's the demo that is released, maybe alongside the official version of Madame X.  I listen to both version back to back, and both are good in their own way, but there is something to the demo that just sounds better.  Some of the vocal effects on the MX version seems a bit much.   Whatever the case, I'm happy to see another song of hers is catching on.  Those who go on making this about "tweens" horrible taste, may want to consider the age of those you see in these videos or uploading a vidoo using her song. They are hardly tweens.

I also think she may have made a video to it and that's what she was referring to in her Instagram post.  Her playing the drums alludes to it.  We'll have to see though. 

4 hours ago, moloko said:

they are joking right?? it needs to be uploaded NOW, while it's viral, not in the month. as usual her team is useless. 😒

While I understand what you are getting at, it's not as easy as you make it.  There is a process to this, even for huge musicians like Madonna.  If you recall, Madonna's demos from Rebel Heart started leaking November of 2014 and by Christmas, practically every song she recorded for that era, leaked.  As she even stated by then, much of the industry is shutting down for the holidays and that's why up until recently we rarely saw new music releases happening by mid December.  Madonna said, she had to call in some favors or such to get those 6 early tracks up on Apple.  So if it's true, that 'Back that up to the beat' is being released on Jan 13th, that's a much earlier response to what's gone viral compared to the viral Frozen mix.  It's easy to say, "but she's Madonna, she can get this done", but it's easier said than done.  I think @GregVsMatt can attest to that as well.   

Edited by tscott (see edit history)

• Askeroff changed the title to "Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic