Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

Just now, Jackie said:

Just read on Twitter of a fan (I assume others could) have been watching the rehearsals outside the arena through a locked door - she's fit, confident and sounds great is what he wrote!

https://twitter.com/adamleigh25/status/1711155716881342572

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 11.07.12.png

Can you please show th other tweet? It will only show me part two :(

So the consensus regarding the 3 never performed on tour singles are Nothing Really Matters, Bedtime Story and Bad Girl, right? I was hoping we’d get Rescue Me too but apparently it’s out. I can live without it tho as long as we have such obscure tracks to appreciate live.

I wonder if anything has been hinted regarding non-singles that have never been performed live being present on TCT2 setlist?

6 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Just read on Twitter of a fan (I assume others could) have been watching the rehearsals outside the arena through a locked door - she's fit, confident and sounds great is what he wrote!

https://twitter.com/adamleigh25/status/1711155716881342572

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 11.07.12.png

Nice ASS!!!

1 hour ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Expect the unexpected. :kiss2:

Don't be surprised if she's not singing your favorite top 10 hit but a non-single takes its place instead.

Ummmm the TRUE unexpected would be to hear her biggest hits that put her ON that stage in the first place AND unaltered, the MOST PREDICTABLE would be NOT to hear those hits and instead get songs that are reworked classics or songs that only appeal to her and the 17-20 people here. Like I said before, til I’m true blue in the face? This ONE tour she truly needs to be UNEXPECTED and be UNPREDICTABLE! 

Edited by Lilalo (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Lilalo said:

Ummmm the TRUE unexpected would be to hear her biggest hits that put her ON that stage in the first place AND unaltered, the MOST PREDICTABLE would be NOT to hear those hits and instead get songs that are reworked classics that only appeal to her and the 17-20 people here. Like I said before, til I’m true blue in the face? This ONE tour she truly needs to be UNEXPECTED and be UNPREDICTABLE! 

What do you want? A Jackson show? 

Sell your tickets. 

3 minutes ago, scallywally said:

What do you want? A Jackson show? 

Sell your tickets. 

This one tour? I want a CELEBRATION of the songs that made me a fan in the first place, I was taught not to settle for second  best ,BABY! Sell my tickets? Plz ,, STOP BITCH, now sit your a$$ down ;)

We'll find out in 5 days (if not before).  I personally think it's going to be mostly the bigger hits with a few surprises for fans. She's definitely going to want to appeal to the general public as well, so she's not going to load her setlist with a lot of unknowns or songs that weren't huge hits.  We can't forget the whole premise behind the tour was to tour the "big hits" as she was "dared" by Amy in the tour announcement video. 

From DrownedMadonna

According to (LA) HORDE, a French collective that choreographed 10 songs for the Celebration Tour, in this show Madonna is “revisiting her journey, with selected moments from her history. There are a lot of references: she reminds us where she came from, what she did, and where she's going.”

"Like a Virgin" was released in 1984, before you were even born! What does Madonna represent to you? 

She is one of the three greatest artists, along with Michael Jackson and Prince, who revolutionized the history of concerts. They transformed concerts into a spectacle, complete with videos, dancers, and a full ensemble. It's fascinating. For her music videos, Madonna collaborated with the greatest directors, often creating music videos that were often ground-breaking and ahead of their time. We adore the poetry of Frozen video, filmed in the desert. Or Don't Tell Me, her clip with cowboys.

She has always placed great importance on dance... 

She is a dancer! She began with Martha Graham, who was the first to tell her, "more than a dancer, there is a showgirl in you." Madonna's dance style changes depending on the medium she is performing in, such as a music video or an award show. From a young age, she was able to understand and adapt to different forms of expression. She fought for women's sexual liberation and empowerment in a society that had previously only allowed men to succeed. She also became an icon for the LGBT+ community. She brought attention to voguing dancers by featuring them in her music videos and her song "Vogue" became a symbol for the ballroom community. Her contributions to this culture have been significant. She also has a history of being politically engaged and committed.

Madonna's tour is receiving a lot of comments, sometimes negative, about her age. 

Society often believes that women lose the right to be sexy and dress however they want after a certain age. Madonna disagrees with this way of thinking and believes it comes from ageism and prejudice. She is a strong advocate for feminism and will always express her opinions as an artist. It's worth mentioning that The Rolling Stones continue to tour, and nobody doubts Mick Jagger's singing skills. Regrettably, female artists are frequently subjected to harsher criticism based on their age, looks, and physical abilities when compared to their male counterparts. 

How did you end up collaborating with her? 

She contacted us through Instagram in February. We couldn't believe it! We even doubled checked that it wasn't a fake account! (laughs). We replied and she asked us, "Do you want to collaborate with me?" We went to New York for four months. The Celebration Tour is a special project: she's not promoting an album, but celebrating 40 years of her career. She's revisiting her journey, with selected moments from her history. There are a lot of references: she reminds us where she came from, what she did, and where she's going.

What is her personality like at work? 

She is hard-working, demanding, and also adventurous. She has an impressive work ethic! She is quite vocal in her views regarding everything related to the show, including dance, video, and lighting. She's the mastermind behind the show's creative direction. Which is pretty amazing considering how many people are involved. Additionally, she is not afraid to take risks. We spent two months working in a studio before rehearsing in a large venue, which is something not everyone has the luxury to afford. It was an exciting journey of exploration. It was a wonderful experience to witness those moments when she suddenly found new movements and gave a fresh interpretation to her songs. The public is really going to love the show!

32 minutes ago, Lilalo said:

This one tour? I want a CELEBRATION of the songs that made me a fan in the first place, I was taught not to settle for second  best ,BABY! Sell my tickets? Plz ,, STOP BITCH, now sit your a$$ down ;)

You should really watch some DVDs