The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Stuart Price was a bad move. She really should have used a live band. She would have way more wiggle room in case there was a glitch. Are there even backup singers? I think the setlist is great but the concept is a mess and the sequence doesn’t make sense. Bob is absolutely dreadful. In the end though, I can forgive everything thanks to her finally performing the songs we’ve been dying to hear from her again or for the very first time!  “Bad Girl” is such an amazing moment!

If you place audio from different shows on top of each other from her tours since 2001 you will see how much live the show was, or wasn't, really... I Mean, the "live" band has been a prop for 90% of the shows. MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X especially. I can see why they though there was no point having one.

A simple reuse of Celebration/Give it 2 me would have saved that travesty of an ending. It's not like they're not reusing samples from old tours since 2008. Just playback the whole song and use those amazing lights from the ROL performance and you got yourself a nice and satisfying closing number.

2 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

If you place audio from different shows on top of each other from her tours since 2001 you will see how much live the show was, or wasn't, really... I Mean, the "live" band has been a prop for 90% of the shows. MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X especially. I can see why they though there was no point having one.

I mean a nicer course of action would be having one and using them.

30 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

This is already on her top 5 tour segments. Just brilliant.
Her laying down on the bed with "herself" and the performance of Justify My Love is so moving. It really captures how she must have felt during the early 90s when she kept going while everybody was trying to shame and discard her and how sex for her is a weapon of healing and defiance.

WOW! WOW!  This is part of the stream last night,  where I couldn't make out the visuals here other than seeing the boxing rings and dancers. I wasn't even sure if Madonna was actually on stage during the Erotica performance.

I have to agree this is GREAT!  This whole segment where she performs Erotica, Justify My Love and Hung Up while infusing Fever, Papa Don't Preach and Tokisha is super.  While the vocals rely heavily on the backing track, this is one part of the show the visuals suck you in.  That whole masturbation recreation with the strings of Papa Don't Preach was pure genius.

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

Was it just me or when the pictures of her husbands and lovers came on the screen there was a picture of Ingrid on the right screen laying back in a suit? 

I can’t see it clearly enough. 
If so this is the first time she has openly admitted this. 

yes she's there in the first slide together with tony and tupac, she also include MJ for speculation :lol:

13 minutes ago, adirondak said:

I don't understand the claims that she relied too heavily on backing track. She very clearly messed up the beginning lyrics to Bad Girl, and you could hear the mess-up loud and clear, which wouldn't have happened if it was overly backing track. 

From what I can tell and hear, she seems to be relying a lot on vocal backing tracks. In no way am I saying she isn't singing, but as I posted in an above post, that whole segment with Erotica, Justify My Love and Hung Up on Tokisha, she is clearly miming to a recorded vocal track. But of course, there are moments you can hear her singing such as when she sings the lines from Fever as well as some of the lyrics from You Thrill Me.  When she goes into the original Hung Up, you clearly hear her singing live, but again a vocal backing track is relied on heavily throughout many performances, even though you can clearly hear her singing over a number of them.

I totally agree in Bad Girl, you can hear her singing live. 

I think on the choreos that it´s importat that she can do what she does for so many shows, so perfect if she is in confort zone. She can focus on her vocals and good image, the live vocals of ROL were amazing really and it´s very very difficult. I prefer her not to try too hard on the dancing field if she is in danger of injuries. I want her to finish the tour save.

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

Was it just me or when the pictures of her husbands and lovers came on the screen there was a picture of Ingrid on the right screen laying back in a suit? 

I can’t see it clearly enough. 
If so this is the first time she has openly admitted this. 

I thought I saw that as well.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)