MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, rayofciccone said:

Unless we get slapped in the face with a 7/12'' of Santa Baby, then probably, we will see, though I don’t know how the Taiwan retailer would’ve had info about it if it’s yet to be announced

This only would work when it was originally planned, back in '88. I don't feel like she would team with Iovine one more time.

38 minutes ago, Dance_Freak said:

On Sire Records official website everything went blank with a COMING SOON on the main page. 

Apparently they also cleared their Instagram page.

33 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Is she under Sire records?? I thought everything besides Interscope albums are under Warner 🤔

Sire Records is Warner anyway, it's like Rhino. Some of her earlier albums ("Like A Prayer", "Erotica", "Bedtime Stories") are still officially copyrighted to Sire Records on digital platforms, probably because of the original copyright info for them, but it's all under the Warner umbrella anyway.

I don't think the Sire thing has nothing to do with a reissue but I'll love it if it does, of course.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Sire Records is Warner anyway, it's like Rhino. Some of her earlier albums ("Like A Prayer", "Erotica", "Bedtime Stories") are still officially copyrighted to Sire Records on digital platforms, probably because of the original copyright info for them, but it's all under the Warner umbrella anyway.

I don't think the Sire thing has nothing to do with a reissue but I'll love it if it does, of course.

Ahhh ok thanks for the clarity. 

I highly doubt a whole record company would reset their website for one artist? But I’d love to see it

44 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

doesnt matter what record label shes under - we still dont have anything unreleased from this shite campaign... 

It's only "shite" to you because you are under the illusion things were promised to you such as "unreleased" materiel when the 'deal' never promised such.  It's not even a "campaign" in the sense of how your trying to spin this. It's a deal where Warner has agreed to embrace her whole catalog, including songs from Interscope eras, and curate special releases and events.  Nothing in this deal outlined or promised "unreleased" material.  The deal did say it was to span over multi-years which never specified how long or short that may be. My guess the deal could be in place for up to 5 to 10 years.  Meanwhile, I don't doubt along the way, other ideas/deals will be negotiated during and beyond that time through Warner.  The whole point is to allow her catalog to be dispersed in multiple ways, keeping her music in the mainstream whether that is on streaming platforms, in films, television, commercials, re-isuues, new curated projects and so on.  Much of this has been happening since Warner entered back in the picture.  Whether you care about what's been done or not, doesn't change the fact the last two years has been fruitful for her especially among digital, streaming and physical releases lately. 

19 minutes ago, McDonna said:

It's only "shite" to you because you are under the illusion things were promised to you such as "unreleased" materiel when the 'deal' never promised such.  It's not even a "campaign". Its a deal where Warner has agreed to embrace her whole catalog, including songs from Interscope eras, and curate special releases and events.  Nothing in this deal outlined or promised "unreleased" material.  The deal did say it was to span over multi-years which never specified how long or short that may be. My guess the deal could be in place for up to 5 to 10 years.  Meanwhile, I don't doubt along the way, other ideas/deals will be negotiated during and beyond that time through Warner.  The whole point is to allow her catalog to be dispersed in multiple ways, keeping her music in the mainstream whether that is on streaming platforms, in films, television, commercials, re-isuues, new curated projects and so on.  Much of this has been happening since Warner entered back in the picture.  Whether you care about what's been done or not, doesn't change the fact the last two years has been fruitful for her especially among digital, streaming and physical releases lately. 

Perfectly said. Thank you 😊 

59 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Nothing Madonna related necessarily, they just had a blank screen that said COMING SOON. 

They still do.

Being it's a record company and not just a Madonna label, my guess they are just revamping the site. When googling the site, it says under "Coming Soon" link; "Celebrating 50 Years SIRE".   Though, it's been 57 years since they began.