The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

11 minutes ago, MerBoy13 said:

I always find it fascinating that she hates singing her 80's songs or rather remarks on some she doesn't like singing over and over yet she always sticks with songs like Candy Shop, Human Nature, Music and La Isla Bonita.

It's not impossible to think that an artist has their own favorite songs beyond what the public likes and enjoys.  Though Music and La Isla Bonita were pretty big successes and the latter is a staple classic.  I understand why she likes Human Nature so much because it very much represents her key message as an artist.  As for Candy Shop, it may not be a fan's favorite, but I'm sure there is something to the song (a sediment, a memory or what not) that she feels with this song. I know she wanted this to be the lead single for Hard Candy.  Maybe it's her way of retaliating at her team of executives who talked her into not releasing it as a single. For me, it's a fun song.  I never particular thought it was something great, but the live performances of that song got better with each tour.  I think it's fair for an artist to have their own likes and dislikes of their own catalog.  You would be amazed at some other iconic artists who will say what songs they don't like in their catalog which are huge classics.  Also, I never thought Madonna thinks Candy Shop is up to par with some of her classics.  Obviously though, there is something about the song that connects strongly to her. 

I always thought how she never performed such a gem as The power of goodbye at any tour and she always do Candy Shop, for me it´s a crime. But I know some of her fans do not want her to do ballads at her shows. I love all her ballads. Maybe it´s difficult for her vocally and that´s a reason. Candy shop it is quite easy.

1 hour ago, Drownedboy said:

I always thought how she never performed such a gem as The power of goodbye at any tour and she always do Candy Shop, for me it´s a crime. But I know some of her fans do not want her to do ballads at her shows. I love all her ballads. Maybe it´s difficult for her vocally and that´s a reason. Candy shop it is quite easy.

Maybe she will sing The power of goodbye as a tribute to her brother? I can't imagine her not doing anything since he passed in the middle of rehearsals. It must be all she is thinking about now

On 2/26/2023 at 12:16 AM, Sultrysully said:

Human Nature was a number two dance song.  Just sayin'.

The dance chart #1s don’t really count as hits cause pretty much every single she released since 1998 went to #1 on that chart.

Human Nature wasn’t a big hit, neither was Candy Shop. I can see them making an appearance as snippets or something like that but she has around 40 proper hits  and it will already be hard to actually find a spot on the setlist for most of these.

21 hours ago, maddy69 said:

id love to see Amazing on the set list...even though i know she will probably never do that song live. i remember when WB wanted that as a single and she said no i want WIFLFAG. They were like fine we will use the live version for a video then...and she was like nope..and deliberately didn't perform it on the DW tour. LOL. She def is stubborn. Its a bummer WIFLFAG bomed so hard cause that tanked anymore singles from music. Im pretty sure we will see WIFLFAG on this tour. She really liked that song. Impressive instant is anthor id love to see.

She didn’t push for WIFLFAG, actually. WB pushed for that to be a single. She wanted Impressive Instant right from the start but they kept saying no. Then, when the 4th single was on its way, they tried to force her to release Amazing. 

48 minutes ago, MPowered said:

The dance chart #1s don’t really count as hits cause pretty much every single she released since 1998 went to #1 on that chart.

Human Nature wasn’t a big hit, neither was Candy Shop. I can see them making an appearance as snippets or something like that but she has around 40 proper hits  and it will already be hard to actually find a spot on the setlist for most of these.

She didn’t push for WIFLFAG, actually. WB pushed for that to be a single. She wanted Impressive Instant right from the start but they kept saying no. Then, when the 4th single was on its way, they tried to force her to release Amazing. 

because the label pushed for Amazing didn't she drop it from the tour setlist and that's why we got 'The Funny Song' instead?

28 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

because the label pushed for Amazing didn't she drop it from the tour setlist and that's why we got 'The Funny Song' instead?

Some people say, it was replaced by The Funny Song and some others say it was Beautiful Stranger. I personally go with the „The Funny Song“ theory.

5 hours ago, MPowered said:

And that's how the campaign of an incredible record just died. I've always loved Amazing and the vibe it gives every time I listen to it. It was totally radio worth material. I have never found a single interview where she clearly states she didn't like the song. It makes me feel it's all fan theory. I have the feeling she didn't want any of the Orbit songs to be singles... which is another proof she doesn't always have a clue about what to do with her records. Warner was extremely careful about that because at the end of the day it's business, no wonder she left them in 2007 to take control above everything and anything. Actually, I'm not surprised she started to flop since then.

16 minutes ago, madgefan said:

And that's how the campaign of an incredible record just died. I've always loved Amazing and the vibe it gives every time I listen to it. It was totally radio worth material. I have never found a single interview where she clearly states she didn't like the song. It makes me feel it's all fan theory. I have the feeling she didn't want any of the Orbit songs to be singles... which is another proof she doesn't always have a clue about what to do with her records. Warner was extremely careful about that because at the end of the day it's business, no wonder she left them in 2007 to take control above everything and anything. Actually, I'm not surprised she started to flop since then.

Yeah, it’s sad. I think Music, as great as it was, was very much a transitional album where she wasn’t quite sure what direction to take the album in. Many of the Orbit material was done pretty early on. As far as I know those were supposed to go on the planned and scrapped second GH album that was due to be released in 1999. Then, she got pregnant in late 1999 and plans changed again. By 2000 she was pretty much over all the Orbit stuff she recorded and Mirwais joined the team. I think with him she created the material she was far more passionate about but it wasn’t enough for a full length album, so she stacked it up with the other Orbit songs she felt were good enough.

10 minutes ago, madgefan said:

That’s why I think she’s primarily an artist. Her decisions are mostly based on her artistic intent. She is often accused of being calculating. But the evidence shows that she  finds herself defending her work most times. The only time such accusations could bear some truth is when she is forced to recover from a backlash. But even then it’s not calculated in a cynical sense. It’s more from a need to remain a player in the game so she could risk it all yet again. And the cycle continues. The only Queen.

2 hours ago, Miki said:

That’s why I think she’s primarily an artist. Her decisions are mostly based on her artistic intent. She is often accused of being calculating. But the evidence shows that she  finds herself defending her work most times. The only time such accusations could bear some truth is when she is forced to recover from a backlash. But even then it’s not calculated in a cynical sense. It’s more from a need to remain a player in the game so she could risk it all yet again. And the cycle continues. The only Queen.

I think, her most calculated album was Bedtime Stories. It was the very first time she was chasing a trend because Erotica had caused a lot of controversy resulting in commercial failure. It was pretty evident that at that time the most ambitious song and the one she was most passionate about was the title track. It was her original first single choice but she figured it was far too experimental and went with two safe singles beforehand.

Nowadays, Human Nature is the only song she actively acknowledges from that album cause it represents her career mantra more than probably any other song from her catalogue. I’m certain she associates a sort of “defeat” with Bedtime Stories.

9 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I think, her most calculated album was Bedtime Stories. It was the very first time she was chasing a trend because Erotica had caused a lot of controversy resulting in commercial failure. It was pretty evident that at that time the most ambitious song and the one she was most passionate about was the title track. It was her original first single choice but she figured it was far too experimental and went with two safe singles beforehand.

Nowadays, Human Nature is the only song she actively acknowledges from that album cause it represents her career mantra more than probably any other song from her catalogue. I’m certain she associates a sort of “defeat” with Bedtime Stories.

I don’t know - she was moving towards a softer mood and wanted to tour the album - but as we know Evita came and she got pregnant. She also released Something to Remember - which included forbidden love and a similar softer sound.

I wonder also - how much influence Warner had  - did they hear the original concept with the shep stuff and maybe weren’t supportive and so she went down a different path?

I think Music should have been more promoted, why no amazing and impresive instant at the same time? They are both great on their own. But I agree everybody was doin orbit sound since the success of ROL and she wanted to change radically. Music is great and Mirwais songs too, the orbit stuff was not as great as ROL maybe, but it was a shame that magical colaboration was over like that.

Hearing today The power of goodbye or Frozen, well, she made good records after that which I adore, but the magic of ROL , at least for me, never returned again. 

I agree she does not know always what´s better for her, how she hasn´t performed more You´ll see at her tours, that song is a gem! Flawless vocals, instead she included in many setlists la isla bonita, which i like too, but again and again.

23 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I see I'm the first to notice there's a bridge between the center and side catwalks in the first picture. Looks like they'll be connected after all :eyes:

Yeah bit this is just a mock up until the actual stage pieces are ready (which probably won't be until June). It could still be connected by a floating bridge 

17 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Yeah bit this is just a mock up until the actual stage pieces are ready (which probably won't be until June). It could still be connected by a floating bridge 

Oh yeah, definitely -- I just don't think she's going to be walking through the crowd as some fans were speculating. 

54 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I see I'm the first to notice there's a bridge between the center and side catwalks in the first picture. Looks like they'll be connected after all :eyes:

Imagine there isn't any kind of bridges between stages and catwalks::tongue:
A) She's carried on her bodyguards shoulders 
B) She's walking over the fans in high heels boots "Girlie Show Vogue" style. :heart:

19 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Oh yeah, definitely -- I just don't think she's going to be walking through the crowd as some fans were speculating. 

12 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Yeah, there's no way she would do that. Maybe a narrow fenced area but that seems inconvenient for her to have to access the catwalks that way. 

They've sold seats where a "fenced area" would be and there's no clear path to the side stages so it's not that. Maybe a catwalk above the crowd?

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:
4 hours ago, deathproof said:
So no one wants to talk about Kevin JZ Prodigy being at rehearsals?!?

Just looked up "Kevin" he's got some sick beats. No wonder Bey and M scouted him out. Can't wait to see what they cooking for the tour.

It’s not just “beats”

Hes a big name in the ballroom scene. Often referred to as “the voice of ballroom.”

His involvement I find very intriguing! Is there going to be a Voge/Ballroom section in the tour? Will he choreograph? Will he provide his voice to commentate over one of the songs???

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic