The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

I think wig is the wrong word to use for it because some of it is her real hair.

It seems to be extensions mixed into her real hair. The length doesn't change dramatically, nor does the straight vs. curly situation. Even in the opening act, the hair isn't perfectly straight and in the Express Yourself section is isn't incredibly curly (noticeably more but not insanely so). 

As you can see below, I think it's just long extensions that get taken out and then her natural hair gets progressively curlier as she goes along. She has naturally curly hair and curly hair that's been straightened gets curly in heat. She began the show with straightened hair + extensions, and as the show went along and she got hotter and sweater, her natural hair just got curlier. 

cgBm4xY.jpg 

Yes, you are absolutely correct.  Much of what we see, was her real hair, but she had extensions.  As you stated, as the show progressed, her hair started getting curlier due to heat/humidity and having natural curly hair.  Anyone having naturally curly hair would know their hair is hard to keep straight, especially after being in the heat or an intense work out.  Once it starts getting wet or you sweat, the hair starts to curl up.

For the promo of this tour I would really have liked to watch a good 40th anniversary retrospective documentary of M's work, something FOR ONCE focused on the musical and visual research, the artistry, the sounds and the producers, the songs, the huge impact and her political awarness, her live shows, the fashion and video culture contribution. Something well structured, dry and cohesive, dedicating a bunch of minutes to all the main steps. I mean an entire hour and a half movie. 

We are lucky to have @Blue Jeanwho gives us such gems. Her record company (or M herself) doesn't seem to like any of this idol-building/mainteining kind of products. This tour is the very first step in this direction and I think it's connected to the biopic in the works (but that will not say much about the music I'm afraid)

It feels like it’s 2003/4. 

A great, bold, weird, ambitious project (MXalbum/tour) tempered by a cool reception.

Follow it with a greatest hits tour aimed at regaining back her disgruntled audience ( whom she rightly despises😁).
And then of course a nostalgia flavored commercial album.  

I prefer her passion projects ( MX, AL) - she does too obviously  , but reality has to be dealt with. She is in business mode now. Say which flavor u like and she’ll have it for you. I’m sure she hates us for making her do this. She’ll find creative ways to endure the drudgery of going through her greatest hits though. 
5E9F1A51-0C38-4402-90D0-C89F80B47460.jpeg.0f9aa7b69f60b2170214caa88347ce42.jpeg

7 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

And she started GS rehearsals with long red hair too :)

https://twitter.com/GregvsMatt/status/1429228833375342594

on June 11, 1993 at the start of the rehearsals for The Girlie Show a month after she filmed the Rain video in a short dark wig. Note that M still had her shoulder length red hair at this point #Madonna #Rain #GirlieShow

E9WkCseUUAchPVW.jpg

Hoping she does short Girlie Show hair again. 

So does anyone have any other Celebration Tour related IG feeds to follow, dancers, musicians etc? So far I have (apart from Madonna of course

kevinantunes

visionaaron

super_hero_tony

Ricardogomesinst

Jonathan.debrouwer

courtneyharvier

nunoxico

danielesibilli

It will be exciting for follow them and hopefully get some behind the scenes insight

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:

The hardest part for me is to not be tempted to look up the tour or log into our site. It's almost like the best way to reduce spoilers is to get banned for a while lol I feel like that's the only way. Who wants to come for me??? Lol

What did you say about my momma? 😡

jk

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic