Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

1 minute ago, Enrico said:

I have to say that Rosie's message scares me. While "unresponsive" may only mean that she fainted, "She is alive" means that the was a risk of death... I hope it's just a response to many super-negative posts on twitter.

She just said Madonna’s feeling good on Instagram. 

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Won’t be back up till January the newscaster said? Or what is he referring to?

They are just misinterpreting Guy's post as the entire tour being postponed.

The Today Show here in Australia announced she had cancelled the tour this morning lol it's just bad journalism 

Just now, diesel6888 said:

I am shocked about the so called fans on Social Media saying this is all lies and its just the fact the tour is not ready. Its pathetic and frankly shows what vacuous people they are!

I've blocked and muted so many people on Twitter today 

5 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

I've blocked and muted so many people on Twitter today 

Im obviously concerned for her and her health as a mother and daughter. I can only imagine what her family are currently going through, epsecially her younger children. I would be distraught if this was my mother and the fact that so many people are saying it's lies or moaning about tickets and making jokes, just shows me the damage social media has done to the human race!

6 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

Im obviously concerned for her and her health as a mother and daughter. I can only imagine what her family are currently going through, epsecially her younger children. I would be distraught if this was my mother and the fact that so many people are saying it's lies or moaning about tickets and making jokes, just shows me the damage social media has done to the human race!

It happens with everything - we all saw the jokes re the submarine last week 

Best to just avoid until they move onto something else 

3 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

Social media just exposes what were always there when people didn't have an outlet to express it. We have to be alert and try to be above it otherwise we end up doing the same.

I keep thinking about her children also, people choosing to focus on other things it's almost unbelievable. It's crazy how quick people are to dehumanize her when she's at her most human.

I guess it is easier to process the fantasy that she's lying for this or that than to accept she's vulnerable....

The Daily Fail and the New York Post are milking this out of proportions. So-called "relatives" whom probably have not seen her since 1977 being interviewed or questioning why Rocco and Lola posted unrelated things on Insta (it does not occur to them this was a decoy...it's not because Rocco posted about Transylvania on that day that he was there on that day...they've been trained since birth to cheat the media and were probably advised by her security team to do things as regular as they could).

It's nice to read the support from friends and celebrities on Guy's post but the posts with pics of her to wish her well all over social medias are kind of creepy, it feels like she died.

TMZ does not make a big fuss about it (even doubting Page Six), which is another sign the fail and post are doing way too much. Oseary must have been aware they were going to report about it beforehand so he posted about it. We maybe would not have known about it otherwise and have the first dates postponed "for technical reasons". She must be pissed this made it into the media.

1 minute ago, Roland Barthes said:

The Daily Fail and the New York Post are milking this out of proportions. So-called "relatives" whom probably have not seen her since 1977 or questioning why Rocco and Lola posted unrelated things on Insta (it does not occur to them this was a decoy...it's not because Rocco postd about Transylvania on that day that he was there on that day) they've been trained since birth to cheat the media and were probably advised by her security team to do things as regular as they could). It's nice to read the support from friends and celebrities on Guy's post but the post with pics of her to wish her well are kind of creepy, it feels like she died. TMZ does not make a big fuss about it (even doubting Page Six), which is another sign the fail and post are doing way too much. Oseary must have been aware they were going to report about it beforehand so he posted about it. We maybe would not have known about it otherwise and have the first dates postponed "for technical reasons". She must be pissed this made it into the media.

This exactly! 

I know if you are the world superstar you are kind of used to the fact your life is constantly monitored by media worldwide. 

However, imagine being ill, basically at your most vulnerable moment and this is what is happening online. I am not mentioning so called fans on Twitter right now, since those are just trash people for me and not real fans, but all this media coverage is absolutely disgusting, news about tour being canceled without any confirmation, news about seriousness of her illnesses without any confirmation etc.

We all know she is perfectionist and really worked extremely hard for this tour since it is the most probably her very last one, what other 60+ years old signer does such a robust tour with so many tickets sold, no one, she is the one and only and we should be lucky she is still putting all the efforts to each project! She could easily say "fuck it, I did it all, I am gonna rest and spend time with my family for next 10 years" but no she absolutely cares about her fans and is constantly delivering. 

And instead of focusing on getting better, she must read or be informed about this mess happening in media. I know this is an easy click for them, but they (media) should just wait for any official information from her management and not focus on making absolutely disgusting articles in some cases. It definitely doesn't bring anything good to her, to fans, to general public, to anyone. Eventually, it might happen that only first 3-4 dates are gonna be postponed, so nothing serious. But even if not, I would rather prefer all tour being canceled than her being seriously ill. (and yes, if anyone wants to ask, I already booked my flight tickets and hotel in Amsterdam for insane prices, but I don't care at all, I would rather lose some bucks than Madonna) 

huge shock this morning on discovering the news 
I can't even describe how I felt. like many here, she's a ray of light in my life since I was a teenager.

And it's way too early for that light to go out. We still need her so much.

I'm sure she'll recover quickly. it is a force of nature. Don't care about the tour.  Care about her !

:Madonna029:

Because I'm a worrier by nature I always feared something like this. I can't bear to think of a world without her.

I think she should postpone the tour by maybe a year so she can take a long break from everything and fully recover. And put her health and happiness first.

Sometimes these infections are an unlucky random one-off - I hope so. I hope it's not an indicator of something else.

I hope she's taking comfort from her family and friends. And all the amazing and incredible love and support she has from all her fans. 

I've had a look at bacterial infections, and they can range from food poisoning to STIs to pneumonia to e-coli. It also says that the vast majority of these infections aren't life-threatening at all - unless they get into your blood, lungs, heart or brain. So that could've been why she was rushed to ICU (providing Page Six are accurate).

I had pneumonia in 2012 (at least I think I did; I saw four different doctors who told me four different things), and it took me about six months to feel truly normal again. And I was only 19 at the time!

So, I can see the first American leg being postponed and the tour starting in October in London, at the very least.

May M get well soon - and God Save the Queen!

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic