"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

27 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to release this in a month and a version completely different from what it is going viral now 💀 They really are trying to flop as hard as possible :Madonna049:

I know right!  She has an opportunity to have a hit but she's removing the catchiness from the song!  She used to be a master at this... WTF happened???

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

She just posted a #soon teaser:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmPV5hSgDy7/

It's a new version, right? Doesn't sound exactly like the 2014 demo.

Maybe she needed to do a Taylor a record a new version to avoid licensing it from Interscope and be able to release it as soon as possible.

I think that’s why.

The tik tok children will probably think it’s a cover 😂

On 12/12/2022 at 5:56 PM, wtg1987 said:

The fact that this crap has gone viral on tiktok just shows what bad taste tweens have in music - still M will pander to them as she values their input more than real fans who’ve followed her for decades 🥹

what’s next -is someone on tiktok gonna blow up holy water 🤮

how bitter can you be 

5 hours ago, Gutten said:

I know right!  She has an opportunity to have a hit but she's removing the catchiness from the song!  She used to be a master at this... WTF happened???

She said many times in the last years: she doesn't like to give fans what we want, so many of us are getting tired of her.

Anyway, I still hope it's close to the demo version and not those bad remixes she released this year and the eternal #soon in Madonna's vocabulary seems real soon this time. 

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

More pointless pandering to the ever crud taste of tiktok tweens and again delaying the important re-issues we have been waiting months and months for and this shite song ??? why :( 

Re-issues can wait. At least for Madonna I guess.

It’s a natural instinct for an artist still alive to keep (re)creating while they can, regardless of the reception from their fans or the critics.

So how many Back That Up’s are we going to get this time? :confused:

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

More pointless pandering to the ever crud taste of tiktok tweens and again delaying the important re-issues we have been waiting months and months for and this shite song ??? why :( 

There have been no delays to anything for any of the physical releases. In case you don't know, it takes many months planning  for physical releases , the biggest challenge for any new release for any artist is pressing the vinyl  etc for example FEL was a 12 month project. 

Responding to a viral TikTok and releasing a digital single has no impact on any of the upcoming planned physical releases obviously. M often has multiple projects happening at once - eg the SEX book reissue also had no impact on any of the releases. 

The first of the expanded albums will obviously happen next year and then you will be able to express your dissatisfaction at the content and tell us all how you aren't buying it etc 

13 hours ago, Prayer said:

She just posted a #soon teaser:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmPV5hSgDy7/

It's a new version, right? Doesn't sound exactly like the 2014 demo.

Maybe she needed to do a Taylor a record a new version to avoid licensing it from Interscope and be able to release it as soon as possible.

i think i skip it completly....shit!

15 minutes ago, Prayer said:

That's the magic of TikTok trends, that can not be fabricated (big labels try and fail), they just happen and no one knows why.

I know some fans hate it but personally I love how unpredictable it all is and that suddenly Madonna is "forced" to face a situation where a 2014 demo is getting attention in 2022. It's fun and different. It also forces her and everyone to think outside the box a little bit and that's always good.

yes there are many artists who over the last couple of years have seen non-singles or very old songs being picked up on TikTok and have benefited from it - from Fleetwood Mac and Abba to Bruno Mars to Chris Brown and very recently Lady Gaga  - it's a good thing. 

I think there will always be fans who will see the negative in everything hey 

• Askeroff changed the title to "Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic