The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 hour ago, confessed said:

AccorArena layout on Stubhub. I don't know how accurate it is. I bought a golden circle ticket there and I would be greatly disappointed if the Or 2 and 3 are on the sides 

I think it depends on how wide the floor is, so it will be different from arena to arena... in smaller ones, the golden circle will probably be just inside the stage/catwalks, but in larger ones there will be fans standing on the sides of the catwalks as well

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I'm sorry but DWT was not a great show to see live. I saw it twice and it felt like watching a screen. Too choregraphed, zero interraction with the audience.

I loved loved LOVED Drowned World Tour, but it's true that it felt like watching a large TV screen, there was a strong detachment from the audience, even in the more interactive parts... But I loved that feeling too, it was so unusual

2 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

yeah she was charging 50 dollars for the girlie show 30 years ago. That was A LOT back then as well lol.

A ticket for the Girlie Show at Wembley was £35.

For context the price of the Erotica CD in 1992 was £13.99 so tickets for her tour were about 2.5 times the price of the album the tour was promoting. This is at Peak Madonna notoriety. 

Compare a CD to the price of her concert ticket now.

What 18-24 yr old that may take an interest in her would be able to afford one of her shows? I cant and I'm nearly 50 and in a good job. 

10 minutes ago, steady75 said:

For context the price of the Erotica CD in 1992 was £13.99 so tickets for her tour were about 2.5 times the price of the album the tour was promoting. This is at Peak Madonna notoriety. 

What 18-24 yr old that may take an interest in her would be able to afford one of her shows? I cant and I'm nearly 50 and in a good job. 

Outside of London, NYC, and LA, there are still plenty of very reasonably priced and cheap tickets available.  It may be cheaper to travel to a cheaper market than to try to get good seats in the hottest ones.  Also, "being able to afford one of her shows" is a broad statement, as there are cheap tickets in many places.  On the other hand, if you can only stand to attend if you can be in the front row, that's an entirely different matter and has been the case for decades now with every artist.

13 minutes ago, steady75 said:

This tour is not for 20 year olds. It's for her fans and the general public who know her biggest hits and are curious to see her.

Why is people acting like she’s a 90 years old woman ready to die? Yes she had health problems on the last tour, because she was injured! That is fixed now. This is not a Michael Jackson This Is It situation. Also we don’t know how much she will dance. I mean it’s not like she was actually dancing at last Pride year. She will move but don’t expect 1985-2012 moves. She barely danced at Rebel Heart, it was mostly hands movements and waking around the stage. 

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I'm sorry but DWT was not a great show to see live. I saw it twice and it felt like watching a screen. Too choregraphed, zero interraction with the audience. It was better on TV & DVD then IRL. RIT was the opposite, great show live but really dull on video. 

ALL her tour tickets have always been more expensive than regular concerts, WTG, BA, GS, on and on. It was always the same outrage when they were released. I don't remember a tour that was not too expensive in its time.

DWT in Bercy was absolutely stunning ! So live. So impressive. Unforgettable experience. For 57€.

And you don't seem to know the pices of WTG, BAT et GS = 30€...! So no, it was not for 1st class people. I don't compare 90's tickets prices as everything is more expensive today. Especially concert but my message was especially dedicated to livefuckingnation that spit on us.

Once again this morning I was in the direct queue to get tickets and it was working perfecty and no Fosse OR, no Fosse, no Pit 1 or 2. No 45€ tickets.

Only the most expensive categories and of course all package and their fucking so called PLATINIUM tickets that are just a way to sell it more expensive. I'm just shocked.

I paid a package once, I wanted to go to another date but with a basic ticket but they are not selling them until expensive tickets are sold out.

Fuck them.

43 minutes ago, sara94 said:

I personally don't really care if she's dancing or not. Hell, she could be sitting there and do a powerpoint presentation about her career and sing along to her greatest hits and you would still see me crying & cheering like a kid who just received her favorite gift.

I just don't want her to be exhausted and feel pressured. 

Ok but she’s not Britney. She is the one with final words on dates. So she will be ok.

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

Why is people acting like she’s a 90 years old woman ready to die? Yes she had health problems on the last tour, because she was injured! That is fixed now. This is not a Michael Jackson This Is It situation. Also we don’t know how much she will dance. I mean it’s not like she was actually dancing at last Pride year. She will move but don’t expect 1985-2012 moves. She barely danced at Rebel Heart, it was mostly hands movements and waking around the stage. 

I agree. 

She is doing about 3 concerts a week (70 in 25 weeks). That should be doable 💪.

She already works out almost every day! A concert is like another two hour workout. No problemo for M 😀

I like Madonna; a handful of her albums have a handful of good songs I enjoy. However, I would never again fall for buying a ticket for her shows. I consider it a total waste of my money; it's not really a live show, I don't give a shit about the screens, I can't trust her for a setlist that justifies the ticket price, and especially not at a time when I have to prioritise rent, groceries and seeing to my husband who's recovering from bowel cancer. We'd rather go see some of our favourite bands that put on great shows, start on time, are unlikely to cancel on the day, play live and have a great setlist without all the fanfare. As well as that, fucking Ticketmaster expects you to buy two full price tickets first and then they'll refund the difference for a companion ticket for disabled customers that have access needs. That's not acceptable.

37 minutes ago, LoveSong said:

I like Madonna; a handful of her albums have a handful of good songs I enjoy. However, I would never again fall for buying a ticket for her shows. I consider it a total waste of my money; it's not really a live show, I don't give a shit about the screens, I can't trust her for a setlist that justifies the ticket price, and especially not at a time when I have to prioritise rent, groceries and seeing to my husband who's recovering from bowel cancer. We'd rather go see some of our favourite bands that put on great shows, start on time, are unlikely to cancel on the day, play live and have a great setlist without all the fanfare. As well as that, fucking Ticketmaster expects you to buy two full price tickets first and then they'll refund the difference for a companion ticket for disabled customers that have access needs. That's not acceptable.

Dark.

59 minutes ago, LoveSong said:

Sign out. 

2 hours ago, LoveSong said:

You don't have to go and if you're not a fan, maybe consider joining a forum for your favourite bands 

2 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

DWT in Bercy was absolutely stunning ! So live. So impressive. Unforgettable experience. For 57€.

And you don't seem to know the pices of WTG, BAT et GS = 30€...! So no, it was not for 1st class people. I don't compare 90's tickets prices as everything is more expensive today. Especially concert but my message was especially dedicated to livefuckingnation that spit on us.

Once again this morning I was in the direct queue to get tickets and it was working perfecty and no Fosse OR, no Fosse, no Pit 1 or 2. No 45€ tickets.

Only the most expensive categories and of course all package and their fucking so called PLATINIUM tickets that are just a way to sell it more expensive. I'm just shocked.

I paid a package once, I wanted to go to another date but with a basic ticket but they are not selling them until expensive tickets are sold out.

Fuck them.

You don't take in account inflation. I'm sorry but i had to beg my mother for the tickets for WTG, BA, GS because they were very expensive and above the average cost of a concert at the time, so i remember very well. Every time Madonna goes on tour there's media attention on ticket prices. 

We discussed it with @DaddyZ previously, i didn't buy tickets because i know that a few weeks before the show 45€ tickets will miraculously appear out of the blue and be put on sale. As if they found a bunch under a chair. In fact they don't sell ALL tickets at once to push the priciest ones. They do this for all concerts and yes Live Nation should be investigated like Ticket Master because they are breaking the antitrust laws in the US and in Europe. And that dynamic pricing should be fined then terminated. Everybody around the world agrees that buying ticket concerts has become a nightmare and it is since LN & TM bought every single middle entities to control the whole touring business.

4 hours ago, androiduser said:

I loved loved LOVED Drowned World Tour, but it's true that it felt like watching a large TV screen, there was a strong detachment from the audience, even in the more interactive parts... But I loved that feeling too, it was so unusual

Loved it too. I was only young so didn’t have much concert experience but I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing. The screens and choreography totally made it for me! I’d never seen large LED screen video backdrops before, was anyone else even doing this before DWT?

DWT was a better show on tv than live, sorry. And the first night in Paris she was really, really pissed off, i was really close to the stage and something was really wrong that night, her face was very tensed, she looked like she could kill someone. The second night was slightly better but gone were her banters with the audience, the best part of seeing her live. Niki was the one reaching out to the fans, waving from the stage and pointing them to Madonna to wave too but she did not give a fuck. Suddenly when she did Secret it was beautiful, better than the HBO version and La Isla Bonita too, not because it was one of the few old hits she performed but because she aknowledged the audience in the performance and made a connection. Most of it live was like watching a broadway musical. It really stroke me as something made for tv of film. RIT was better live for that reason, she really engaged with the audience like she for BA and GS. She sounded fantastic too. But Confessions is the best one i've seen, even better than Blond Ambition imo (i saw both in the same arena). I just hope she's not going over the top with the visuals, i'm not mad i did not see MDNA & Rebel Heart live for that reason, the music seemed to be just a soundtrack for the visuals (especially MDNA). I hope she finds the right balance between extravaganza and simplicity. Even though it was scripted, that moment she let loose on Let It Will Be with no visuals, just her and us was magic. 

18 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Even though it was scripted, that moment she let loose on Let It Will Be with no visuals, just her and us was magic. 

One of the best live moments I ever witnessed. A true iconic performance. Made me feel like she was channelling Catherine Ringer (one of France's most amazing voice).

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic