The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

First Look: Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart’ Tour Designer Costume Sketches

http://wwd.com/fashion-news/designer-luxury/madonna-designer-costume-rebel-heart-tour-10211945/

ACT 1: SAMURAI [Joan of Arc-inspired section]

She took the reins of the first act — a Joan of Arc-inspired section similar to the Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott-lensed cover art of the “Rebel Heart†album — and devised a series of costumes referencing liturgical fabrics and a recent exhibition of samurai armor at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Dancing nuns on stripper poles also make an appearance during this act. It wouldn’t be a Madonna show otherwise.

A sketch from Arianne Phillips

Posted Image

A sketch from Alexander Wang

Posted Image

Geoffrey Mac

Posted Image

ACT 2: ROCKABILLY

Miuccia Prada, who created original Prada and Miu Miu footwear for previous tours, was asked to design costumes as well this time around for the show’s second section. Her response? Rockabilly
meets Tokyo.

“Nothing we do is literal. Everything is a mash-up,†Phillips says.

A sketch from Prada

Posted Image

ACT 3: LATIN

It’s in the third act, the Latin quarter if you will, that things get really twisted. Puglisi and the Lebanese designer Nicolas Jebran created more of the same matador-inspired looks that appeared in the music video and live performances of single “Living for Love.†But then, there’s the showstopper: Michele.

After finding out about him, Phillips inhaled his first two collections for Gucci: “I was completely blown away. I love his hand. His clothes are lyrical and feminine and they tell stories. I didn’t know him, but I felt there would be this synergy to have them together.†Boy, was there.

Michele imagines Madonna in full-blown “La Isla Bonita†mode, a mysterious gypsy wrapped in her fringed manila shawl, hiding behind her flamenco hat, lace and jacquard bodysuit and multicolor skirt.

“That’s a real highlight,†Phillips says breathlessly. Michele might have been working on his spring show simultaneously, but he had to make time for Madonna: “Now that I have had the chance to see her working, I truly understand why she is so grand!†he says, just as breathlessly.

A sketch from Fausto Puglisi

Posted Image

Sketches from Gucci

Posted Image

Posted Image

ACT 4: PARTY SECTION

To end things with a bang, Madonna enlisted Jeremy Scott, fashion’s resident club kid, for the party section. She has worked with Scott intermittently since the early Aughts, but perhaps picking up on his ascendance in the public eye since his appointment at Moschino — not to mention his relationship with Miley Cyrus, et al — she brought him back into her orbit to work recently on several high-profile looks, including ones for her “Bitch I’m Madonna†music video.

“Madonna is often like a director,†he says, comparing her to younger pop starlets. “She has a vision and you get behind her to achieve that vision.â€

Scott’s mandate was to come up with an homage to Harlem-flapper-meets-Paris-in-the-Twenties and several weeks after their joint appearance at the Costume Institute gala, he had the look: a blinding finale dress employing thousands of Swarovski crystals because, Scott says, “no showgirl would be complete without crystals.â€

Phillips has finished recounting all the costumes and late nights in the run-up to the opening when she arrives on Long Island. Before she goes in, she pauses to savor the spectacle of that Moschino sparkler.

A sketch from Moschino

Posted Image

Footwear:

Sketches from Miu Miu

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Accessories

Gaspar Gloves

Posted Image

Lynn Ban

Posted Image

Michael Schmidt

Posted Image

Julia Clancey

Posted Image

Rachel Freire

Posted Image

Cinzia Araia

Posted Image

Majesty Black

Posted Image

UPDATED:

Huge Thanks to Paolo & runawayboy

Posted by Paolo; Courtesy of runawayboy

Source: MT forum

Note: These are all heard & not seen, hence interludes are not known; song order may not be 100% accurate

Wanna Be Starting Something

1. ICONIC

Secret Project Speech

Mike Tyson

2 - BITCH I'M MADONNA

3 - BURNING UP (same RIT sound)

4 - HOLY WATER

5 - VOGUE / HOLY WATER (reprise)

Sound of bells then onto 6 - DEVIL PRAY

7 - BODY SHOP

8 - TRUE BLUE  performed as a slowed down version

9. – DEEPER & DEEPER

10 - HEARTBREAKCITY / LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE

11 - LIKE A VIRGIN

12 - SEX with elements of JUSTIFY MY LOVE

13 - LIVING FOR LOVE (remix à la TV promo tour)

14 - LA ISLA BONITA

15 - GHOSTTOWN????

16 - LA VIE EN ROSE
17 - MUSIC (get stupid)
18 - CANDY SHOP
19 - WHO'S THAT GIRL [
WTG sounds slowed down and rather acoustic but security had the fans move away from the pavement in front of the venue so now it's harder to listen well]

M SPEECH

20 - REBEL HEART

21 – ILLUMINATI

22 - MATERIAL GIRL

23 - UNAPOLOGETIC BITCH

24 - HOLIDAY

runawayboy: btw deeper and deeper is on and it's so fucking good! True Blue is a dream come true 28 years after for me
my disappointments are candy shop, la vie en rose, unapologetic, material girl, burning up (same RIT sound)

lots of tears at heartbreak city and lots of remember at true blue and who's that girl
like a virgin is on as well
I hope ghost town is on but I've missed while talking to security

Wow, it's really unhealthy to spend so much negative energy fuming about something you hate and aren't even going to see...Anyway, for those who have tickets, it's going to be amazing. :hearteyes: 7 days!

I was going to see it. I've spent lots of positive energy in anticipation of of this tour and now it seems all the hoping and waiting was absolutely useless and a complete waste of positive energy.

UPDATED:

Huge Thanks to Paolo & runawayboy

Posted by Paolo; Courtesy of runawayboy

Source: MT forum

Note: These are all heard & not seen, hence interludes are not known; song order may not be 100% accurate

Wanna Be Starting Something

1. ICONIC

Secret Project Speech

Mike Tyson

2 - BITCH I'M MADONNA

3 - BURNING UP (same RIT sound)

4 - HOLY WATER

5 - VOGUE / HOLY WATER (reprise)

Sound of bells then onto 6 - DEVIL PRAY

7 - BODY SHOP

8 - TRUE BLUE performed as a slowed down version

9. – DEEPER & DEEPER

10 - HEARTBREAKCITY / LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE

11 - LIKE A VIRGIN

12 - SEX with elements of JUSTIFY MY LOVE

13 - LIVING FOR LOVE (remix à la TV promo tour)

14 - LA ISLA BONITA

15 - GHOSTTOWN????

16 - LA VIE EN ROSE

17 - MUSIC (get stupid)

18 - CANDY SHOP

19 - WHO'S THAT GIRL [WTG sounds slowed down and rather acoustic but security had the fans move away from the pavement in front of the venue so now it's harder to listen well]

M SPEECH

20 - REBEL HEART

21 – ILLUMINATI

22 - MATERIAL GIRL

23 - UNAPOLOGETIC BITCH

24 - HOLIDAY

runawayboy: btw deeper and deeper is on and it's so fucking good! True Blue is a dream come true 28 years after for me

my disappointments are candy shop, la vie en rose, unapologetic, material girl, burning up (same RIT sound) lots of tears at heartbreak city and lots of remember at true blue and who's that girl

like a virgin is on as well

I hope ghost town is on but I've missed while talking to security

It's 100% not the right order! The section descriptions and costumes don't match.

I'm pretty sure that this is how it actually goes:

1. Iconic*

2. Bitch, I'm Madonna*

3. Burning Up

4. Holy Water* / Vogue

5. Devil Pray*

6. Body Shop*

7. True Blue

8. La Vie en Rose

9. [Ghosttown OR Deeper and Deeper]

10. HeartBreakCity* / Love Don't Live Here Anymore

11. Like a Virgin

12. S.E.X.* / Justify My Love

13. Living for Love*

14. [Deeper and Deeper OR Dress You Up]

15. La Isla Bonita

16. Who's That Girl

17. Rebel Heart*

18. Illuminati*

19. Music / Get Stupid

20. Candy Shop

21. Material Girl / Don't Tell Me

22. Unapologetic Bitch

23. Holiday

I was going to see it. I've spent lots of positive energy in anticipation of of this tour and now it seems all the hoping and waiting was absolutely useless and a complete waste of positive energy.

You haven't even seen 1% of the show. If you already don't like it then I would be questioning myself if Im actually still a fan.

To me it's crazy not finding one positive thing about one of her live shows, since they've been almost consolation prizes in the last few years for lackluster eras and lackluster albums. 

I'm not sure how you can judge it so harshly already.

First of all, she's not pandering to the general public. She's putting together a show that celebrates her "Rebel Heart". You sound like someone that's being held hostage by Madonna in half of your posts...maybe that's why you tend to sound like a know-it-all? "She will do this..." Or "she won't do that..." I've been a fan from the BEGINNING, so to attend a Madonna show and seeing 80's hits/songs I've never seen her perform live before is beyond exciting. My first show was Blond Ambition, and GS and SS2 are the only tours I've not been able to see live, so the fact that she's playing 80's songs that are in their second (or if some rumors are to be believed, first) incarnation is kinda special. If you witnessed the DWT, then you'd know that it was the ROL/Music tours combined....and it was severely polarizing, hence the redressing the balance for RIT, and even that was pretty heavy on AL songs ( one of my favorite of her albums, btw) but gets treated as a GH tour. Madonna will continue to use her back catalog as she sees fit to tell HER stories. If you don't like it, tough. I don't think seeing her sing the Power of Goodbye wearing the top half of an evening gown while swinging on a pole would look quite as cool as you might imagine. If you DO go and see the show, and you're the lone idiot booing in protest.... Well, that's on you. I learned a LONG TIME AGO, that to have expectations of a Madonna tour is lunacy. She ALWAYS makes it work, mostly in the most surprising and meaningful ways. Get off her pole, Bitch.

. Thank you for this!! Lord, he has just been bitching about unconfirmed setlists for weeks now. I've been a fan since 1985 (I was 8), first show was TGS, and I've seen all of them since except MDNA, and no matter what songs she picks, the show is always INCREDIBLE. Sure, I'd like obscure or never done live stuff too, but I trust M's vision. If that means La Isla again, well, at least it's a great song. It could be worse, she could have gotten an abnormal attachment to Spanish Lesson or something and decided to use that song in every tour.

You haven't even seen 1% of the show. If you already don't like it then I would be questioning myself if Im actually still a fan.To me it's crazy not finding one positive thing about one of her live shows, since they've been almost consolation prizes in the last few years for lackluster eras and lackluster albums. I'm not sure how you can judge it so harshly already.

Because I have seen her do all those god damn 80's songs already. Holiday, Like a Virgin, Dress You Up, La Isla, Burning Up, Vogue, Material Girl, Candy Shop, MusicThey've all had their fair share of tour performances.I don't hate them but she could have changed it up a bit or maybe pay attention to her 90's discography as well.She's skipping LAP, ROL, BS, COADF, AL those happen to be my favourite albums from her. There is not a single thing I enjoy. I don't like the song order, the costumes, the section themes. It just isn't what I was hoping for.Why should I waste so much money on something I feel incredibly MEH about? Why? What's the point? I don't go to her shows to hear her weak live vocals or her dancing or her visuals. I go for her song arrangements and the songs themselves. These songs she picked are not thrilling me to go in fact they make me want to ignore the fact that this mess of a tour exist. I do not have to see it to know that it's a Re-Invention Tour sized mess to please the fans that abandoned her after 1991.