Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

1 hour ago, vitoralmeiida said:

some people are saying Netflix usually calls its musical releases a documentary. it happened with Taylor's Reputation, Ariana's tour, Beychella too. 

I'm trying to stay positive... at least Netflix has the best picture and audio quality of the streaming services.

I really hope so! I really want to see the full show, without behind the scenes moments... I hope we'll know about it soon!

1 hour ago, stfan97 said:

No Netflix show has ever made it to DVD.

The Crown 

Stranger Things 

The Haunting of Hill House

To name a few. 

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

Why do people even care about a DVD :dead:  Unless it has some great special features (that fyi she could throw on Netflix) there is no reason. To sit in your cabinet for the next 25 years?

I cannot count how many times my wifi wasn't working and I had to play a physical disc to watch something. Streaming is convenient......until your internet has other plans. Plus nothing matches the quality of a Blu-ray or 4K. 

And that's not even getting into collector reasons or bonus features. 

1 minute ago, musicinferno said:

The Crown 

Stranger Things 

To name a few. 

I cannot count how many times my wifi wasn't working and I had to play a physical disc to watch something. Streaming is convenient......until your internet has other plans. Plus nothing matches the quality of a Blu-ray or 4K. 

And that's not even getting into collector reasons or bonus features. 

The only time I had an internet issue that was that bad was when the power was out which nullifies the DVD alternative anyway. I cannot even remember the last time I used a DVD maybe 2008 :Madonna009:  people still have DVD players?

I think there's still chances they release it in physical too. Maybe in a year or something? Like the Rebel Heart Tour. I don't know, she's still very "traditional" so I can see a dvd/blue ray coming in the future. Anyways, Netflix is the best and smartest choice. She will get a lot of attention!

Just because you don't have a bluray player doesn't mean the world is like you. As I collector I want a physical release just like for music. If physical stuff is so from the past I wonder why all the artists are releasing music on vinyl, cd, cassettes etc in 2021. 

19 minutes ago, Shoful said:

The only time I had an internet issue that was that bad was when the power was out which nullifies the DVD alternative anyway. I cannot even remember the last time I used a DVD maybe 2008 :Madonna009:  people still have DVD players?

Uh yeah...I use my Blu-ray player every single day. I'm just not a big fan of digital/streaming. As someone above mentioned, vinyl records are extremely popular and people prefer them over an mp3. 

Physical media will be here for years and years to come, not everyone is willing to switch to digital 100%.

36 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

The Crown 

Stranger Things 

To name a few. 

Well okay but I've never seen a musical documentary or concert make it to physical media from Netflix after the fact, no matter who it is.  Taylor Swift, for example, monetizes every last cent of all her merchandise and music.  She has vinyls and cassettes even for singles!  But not one of her concerts has made it to physical media after her Speak Now tour in 2011.  They're on all the streaming platforms from Apple for 1989, Netflix for Reputation and the documentary, and Disney+ for the last 2 concerts, but all this tells me for someone who loves money just as much as Madonna is that they paid a lump sum that couldn't be refused and was worth all the loss of physical sales.

I hope you're right about Madonna being the exception, but we all know she only cares about the money also and not her legacy/collectors so we'll get what we'll get and she'll likely then move on.  Live music recordings are an extremely niche fan market to begin with, so it's not like they don't know what the number is they need to pay to guarantee exclusivity.

1 hour ago, stfan97 said:

Well okay but I've never seen a musical documentary or concert make it to physical media from Netflix after the fact, no matter who it is.  Taylor Swift, for example, monetizes every last cent of all her merchandise and music.  She has vinyls and cassettes even for singles!  But not one of her concerts has made it to physical media after her Speak Now tour in 2011.  They're on all the streaming platforms from Apple for 1989, Netflix for Reputation and the documentary, and Disney+ for the last 2 concerts, but all this tells me for someone who loves money just as much as Madonna is that they paid a lump sum that couldn't be refused and was worth all the loss of physical sales.

I hope you're right about Madonna being the exception, but we all know she only cares about the money also and not her legacy/collectors so we'll get what we'll get and she'll likely then move on.  Live music recordings are an extremely niche fan market to begin with, so it's not like they don't know what the number is they need to pay to guarantee exclusivity.

If thats the case (a lot of cash for exclusive rights) i doubt that they let her have the final say over the editing process as somebody in this forum clamed. Sure they looked into RH and Mdna tour before, and after getting a epileptic shock, im sure it was clear to them that she shouldnt have the final say if its going to be branded as a exclusive netflix production

9 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

If thats the case (a lot of cash for exclusive rights) i doubt that they let her have the final say over the editing process as somebody in this forum clamed. Sure they looked into RH and Mdna tour before, and after getting a epileptic shock, im sure it was clear to them that she shouldnt have the final say if its going to be branded as a exclusive netflix production

Streaming platforms buy finished products post-production/editing all the time.  Doesn't change anything about exclusivity.

Oh fingers crossed this is true, the fact the statement was retracted does make me think there might be a grain of truth to it. I have a DVD BluRay player, am still completing my collection of Madonna films and concerts on BluRay/DVD, so will definitely buy it. 

Its good to have physical, I have had a lot of her maxi singles in CD for years, which were never on streaming until recently, distribution rights change, streaming is not forever, I like to have physical for the artists I really love. I am getting into Vinyl as well. Streaming is good too, as it will open Madonna up to new audiences.

5 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Again, everyone is WAY overthinking the documentary thing here. It's the concert. Breathe.

This is very common for Netflix to refer to it as a documentary, and there hasn't been a single indication from any of her posts it's anything but the concert. Plus, why would she not release the whole thing when there's no alternative documentation of it given the phone ban?

Yes, it's just the way netflix labels the shows, like is the "document" of the show. Haven't seen any backstage scenes injected on the show or songs edited out during the workprints. 

Glad to know they finally went for netflix.

Just now, Clark_Kent said:

Yes, it's just the way netflix labels the shows, like is the "document" of the show. Haven't seen any backstage scenes injected on the show or songs edited out during the workprints. 

Glad to know they finally went for netflix.

So what the Amazon Prime you’ve been mentioning for a year???

2 hours ago, Ekans said:

I'm 100% sure that if only a DVD/BR release were mentioned in that Instagram post everyone would be crying because she would have lost an opportunity to gather new audiences in the world of streaming. I miss reading real drama. *yawns*

I'm pretty sure they'll do a physical release afterward. They make good money from that stuff. A live vinyl album would be good too.

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic