Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

15 minutes ago, MPowered said:

It will be. It’s the only missing version on streaming and was available on all 7" versions of the single.

Yes we are. We're also getting Angel soon. The latter one is probably more exciting though because it will determine the fate of the Alt. LP Version of Burning Up and whether Into The Groove will get a separate release or not.

Ok schöner so is it very likely we'll have LTT maxi exactly in the Passion Friday/Pessach week (ofc on Thu - remembering Medellín was released in this holiday week and got release date on the Thu), I only hope Rhino's smart and (with Madonna's approval ofc) includes Live to Tell live at the Confessions Tour even with us fans supposing M doesn't like that particular live performance for reasons we can deduct. That's what I was saying to @Royall this time and that goofy only worsened the situation. Infiniters...!

2 hours ago, Nahash said:

Ok schöner so is it very likely we'll have LTT maxi exactly in the Passion Friday/Pessach week (ofc on Thu - remembering Medellín was released in this holiday week and got release date on the Thu), I only hope Rhino's smart and (with Madonna's approval ofc) includes Live to Tell live at the Confessions Tour even with us fans supposing M doesn't like that particular live performance for reasons we can deduct. That's what I was saying to @Royall this time and that goofy only worsened the situation. Infiniters...!

We've gotten mid-week releases before, they're not always on Fridays.  It's possible Live To Tell might be released on its actual anniversary day which would be next Tuesday.  At the very least, if it's coming this year it will almost certainly be by next Friday at the latest.

3 hours ago, Nahash said:

They won’t include a live version from a more recent and entirely unrelated release on the single. The one for Borderline was a mistake.

The tracklist will follow the same formula as the other ones from the 80s.

Live To Tell is such a poignant song for her. It went to number one on June 7th, the month Martyn Bourgogne became ill with suspected measles. He was diagnosed with HIV in August. By the time Open Your Heart charted in the first week of December he was dead. She sang Live To Tell and dedicated it to him at the Aids Benefit of the Who's That Girl tout at Madison Square Garden in July 1987. 

I know the song was linked to HIV / Aids on the Confessions Tour and again on Celebration tour, but when you look back it really seems as though, by coincidence, this song, it's message and landing place was with and around Martin and the AIDS crisis. 

I know Madonna has said it's about a bunch of different stuff. Maybe her own father and linked to her mothers death or her being sexually assaulted but sometimes songs take on a new meaning through circumstances.

It makes the epic extended performance on the Who's That Girl Tour even more intense knowing what she'd just been through. 

Very much looking forward to getting the LTT edit online. Something bothers me about the Immaculate edit for some reason, can't remember why. The original edit will be most welcome.

Let's hope they get the artwork and fonts right! Tricky to replicate. There could be meltdowns in our futures people....

6 hours ago, MPowered said:

It will be. It’s the only missing version on streaming and was available on all 7" versions of the single.

Yes we are. We're also getting Angel soon. The latter one is probably more exciting though because it will determine the fate of the Alt. LP Version of Burning Up and whether Into The Groove will get a separate release or not.

I really doubt Live To Tell is coming but if it is it's welcome 

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Love that Madonna sampled tears by Giorgio Moroder for the live to tell performance on the confessions tour, been wondering for years what song it was

I believe the actual inspiration for Live To Tell came from DJ Shadow's track Organ Donor which in turn sampled Tears. It had been a highlight of his live shows the previous year and I recall Stuart Price mentioning it in some interview or other.

2 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I really doubt Live To Tell is coming but if it is it's welcome 

The YT copyright system recognizes it and all the tracks show up at the top of the ISRC. It’s all the same signals we got for every previous release.

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Also because that's it's only 3 tracks and the exclusive missing track is a edit

Material Girl didn’t have a single exclusive missing track on it and it still got a release. So what exactly should be different for Live To Tell?

13 hours ago, MPowered said:

Yes to all of this!!

I know it's already on streaming because it was a b-side to You'll See, but it would be cool if they also added the Who's That Girl live version too. But completely different release so they have no real reason too. Just to fill up the EP.

4 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

Yes to all of this!!

I know it's already on streaming because it was a b-side to You'll See, but it would be cool if they also added the Who's That Girl live version too. But completely different release so they have no real reason too. Just to fill up the EP.

They haven’t done that for the other ones. They aren’t gonna do it for this one. It’s just gonna be the regular 3-track single. 😅 I don’t see a problem with that though. We only got one exclusive track for Lucky Star either.

41 minutes ago, MPowered said:

1. Live To Tell
2. Live To Tell - 7" Edit
3. Live To Tell - Instrumental

I think they will/would put the edit first:

01. Live To Tell (Edit)

02. Live To Tell

03. Live To Tell (Instrumental Version)

EDIT:

Nevermind, just saw the original 12'' single was the tracklist you posted:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

So they'd probably stick to that one, yeah.

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think they will/would put the edit first:

01. Live To Tell (Edit)

02. Live To Tell

03. Live To Tell (Instrumental Version)

EDIT:

Nevermind, just saw the original 12'' single was the tracklist you posted:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

So they'd probably stick to that one, yeah.

Personally, I would put the edit first too but that's not how they like to do it. :laughing:

On 3/20/2024 at 8:42 PM, Bjonkers said:

Very much looking forward to getting the LTT edit online. Something bothers me about the Immaculate edit for some reason, can't remember why. The original edit will be most welcome.

Let's hope they get the artwork and fonts right! Tricky to replicate. There could be meltdowns in our futures people....

They are just gonna upscale a MQ scan of the OG cover with AI as usual 😂

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW