Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

Even though I'm not religious I will be praying for her recovery starting today, that's what matters. I can't help thinking how the strongest woman I've ever known in my life is at a stage of her life where I find her so fragile and vulnerable :suffer: really hope it's "just" an infection and that she'll come out of this soon and well. Tour? What tour?

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

Of course, it’s a bit scary but I don’t think it’s serious to a point where we need to br seriously worried.

Luckily, once the bacteria is out of the system, the body needs a lot of hydration and the health goes back to normal really soon, but the recovery takes a few weeks because the body and the muscles become really weak and the patient feels weak and without energy for a few more days, and after that it takes some time to get back in shape. She definitely won't be able to rehearse properly for two weeks or so,  the first dates will need to be rescheduled.

It happened to me when I was half her age, and I was exhausted from it.

Yeah, we have to keep in mind, we really don't know how serious it is.  Everyone is affected differently.  The media right now may be painting something far more seriously, but at the same time, I'm not going to just assume it wasn't serious either.  After all, no one stays in the ICU for several days (as Guy posted) for something that isn't serious.  The fact it's been four days since she's been admitted to the hospital, and nothing was reported, tells me it probably was pretty serious.  This will set her plans back a few months now.  I predict her tour will be pushed backed a couple of months at the least if not longer.  I hope that I'm wrong, but at the same time, I don't care at this time.  I prefer her to take all the time she needs, rather expect her to be back on stage so soon. 

Omg I’m sick to my stomach and heart. I pray so hard for her and that she’ll be ok. Stay strong and fight Madonna! You’ve got this! We don’t need a tour. We just want you to stay healthy, well, and alive. You are the music and celebration!! Love you so much.   🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Just woke up her in Australia and my phone blew up.  Omg i really got a scare.  From all the messages i thought the worst had happened.  Hope shes all okay and doesnt push herself and I do hope that people are a little kinder to her and the situation. Get well soon M xxx

I'm so glad i'm not on Twitter anymore. People don't understand that they pull in what they pull out. 3 times stronger. 

Thank the goddess they got the whole story under control, the media circus would have been terrible outside the hospital and the stress for us all, unbearable...and the bad jokes on social media. That headline from the NY Post was unecessary, imagine friends and family learning about it from it....It's just clikbait, it's sickening. 

I'm glad she's okay.

'infection", "intubated", I wonder if she got COVID? I know it's a virus and not a bacterium, but still. It must have been very serious if she couldn't breathe. Also since bacteria and viruses spread, I wonder if her crew also got sick.

Maybe she will start the tour from August? And take it easy for a couple of weeks? Depending on how hard her lungs were affected, maybe mid-August?

I wish people would stop assuming or making guesses which in turn, birth conspiracy theories. First & foremost, a speedy recovery to the Queen. Second, keeping her & her family in my thoughts. Third, let’s wait to see what is revealed before making assumptions. And fourth, for fuckssake, please be kind & not selfish. 

3 minutes ago, N3onNostalgic said:

Hoping and praying for her to make a speedy recovery, do we know what sort of infection it is?

Just "bacteria" and it was "serious" based on Guy's statement.  Other than that, I'm taking as hearsay since we know the media can really embellish things.  But again, as Guy stated, she was in ICU for a few days, so it obviously was serious. 

Here in Italy the news are telling the story pointing on the fact she is postponing her tour, the health issue seems to be taken as serious but not worrying. 

I'm afraid that at least the summer dates are gonne be rescheduled, she needs to recover, be back in form and at that point they could start to understand the situation and think about the tour plans. From there, back to rehearsals and maybe some rearrangements too.

Said that, I mean, M is 64, not that old, and she always took care of her health, she's not Prince, Michael or Whitney. She's gonna make it, we're gonna applaude her again and scream our love to her stage.

We just have to wait and make har feel our support :heart:

14 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I'm glad she's okay.

'infection", "intubated", I wonder if she got COVID? I know it's a virus and not a bacterium, but still. It must have been very serious if she couldn't breathe. Also since bacteria and viruses spread, I wonder if her crew also got sick.

Maybe she will start the tour from August? And take it easy for a couple of weeks? Depending on how hard her lungs were affected, maybe mid-August?

Probably she will start from New York in the second part of August

1 hour ago, MDNA22 said:

She could have fainted  when someone found her

She was found unresponsive. She had already been in that state when someone finally found her. She could have been asleep from the night before and they couldn’t wake her up. The fact that she was found in that state is not good, period. Hopefully she doesn’t have any cognitive issues. 

14 minutes ago, tscott said:

Just "bacteria" and it was "serious" based on Guy's statement.  Other than that, I'm taking as hearsay since we know the media can really embellish things.  But again, as Guy stated, she was in ICU for a few days, so it obviously was serious. 

Guy is also her manager who has to do damage control. Keep that in mind when reading any official and unofficial statements. Both have their own agendas. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic